We offer a range of IET-accredited degrees covering the wide spectrum of Electronic and Electrical Engineering which can be studied as a four year Bachelor’s degree (MEng) with an option to add a Year in Industry.
Our wide range of MEng undergraduate degree programmes provide you with a robust understanding of the principles of electronic and electrical engineering. In years one and two our EEE degrees have the same core modules. This allows you the flexibility to change courses up to the end of your Second Year if you wish to focus on certain areas of interest.
Our graduates go on to work in the energy, communications, computer hardware and software engineering and the manufacturing sectors.
All our courses are accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). A four year MEng meets all the academics standards for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please note, all Electronics with Computer Engineering courses are new degree titles and the Department is seeing accreditation from the IET which will be backdated to entry.
We recognise that ability isn't always demonstrated through a standard set of A Level or equivalent qualifications. Our Access Sheffield policies help ensure that everyone who has the potential to succeed on our courses has the right opportunity to do so. Find out about Access Sheffield.
Our courses - 2020 entry
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Year in Industry
- MEng Electronics and Computer Engineering
- MEng Electronics and Computer Engineering with a Year in Industry
- MEng Electronic Engineering
- MEng Electronic Engineering with a Year in Industry
- MEng Electrical Engineering
- MEng Electrical Engineering with a Year in Industry
- MEng Electronic and Communications Engineering
- MEng Electronic and Communications Engineering with a Year in Industry
- MEng Microelectronics
- MEng Microelectronics with a Year in Industry
- MEng Electronic and Electrical with a Modern Language
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Foundation Year
All of our courses are available with a one-year placement in industry. You will have the opportunity to put your academic studies into context and enhance your employability prospects. With help from our careers and placements team you will find and secure your own placement. You'll have a placement in industry lasting for at least 38 weeks. Find out more about the year in industry.
Find out about our student's experiences of having a Year In Industry as part of their degree. Click here to read about Tudor's year at McLaren and watch Callum's video below about his year at Rolls Royce.
Sheffield is also home to a large International College which offers foundation pathways onto our degree courses for overseas students.
Top 10 in the UK
We're in the top 10 UK Electronic and Electrical Engineering Departments (The World University Rankings 2020).
We have achieved 91% overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020).
Explore. Challenge. Influence. Find the right course for you.