Try before you eBike
This scheme allows University staff to hire an electric bike for two months at a time.
This is a great opportunity for staff who might have considered an electric bike but don’t want to take on the cost without giving it a go first.
Staff can then use the Cycle To Work scheme, accessible through The Deal, to buy their own electric bike after the trial.
The hire of the bike is free of charge, but we do ask users to put down a security deposit of £150 which will be refunded at the end of the two months, providing the bike is returned in working order.
Staff expression of interest
If you are a staff member interested in hiring an electric bike, follow the following steps:
- Please fill in this Google form: https://forms.gle/cZuHQw2VuCvo173k7 then contact Eric Bohun (email@example.com)
- Your questionnaire will be checked and if you are successful, you will be sent the Hire Agreement.
- Please read the Hire Agreement carefully then pay the deposit on the online store (https://onlineshop.shef.ac.uk/).
- Once notification of payment has been received, a date can be organised for the collection of the bike.
- At collection, a short demonstration on how to use the bike correctly will be given, the Hire Agreement can be signed with a handover checklist.
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.