Fees and funding

EU students are classed as ‘Home’ students for fee purposes. This means that the tuition fees you pay are the same as for students from the UK.

Further information regarding how we define 'overseas' and 'home/EU' students for the purpose of charging tuition fees can be found on our Fee Status webpage.

The Government has confirmed that non-UK EU students will continue to remain eligible for undergraduate and postgraduate support in academic year 2019/20, and they will continue to have access to student loans, even if the course concludes after the UK’s exit from the EU.

This Government has previously made the same commitment for students enrolling in academic years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19.

The announcement also states that non-UK EU nationals will remain eligible to apply for Research Council PhD studentships at UK institutions for 2019 to help cover costs for the duration of their study.

Use the links below to find out more.

EU referendum

Visit our EU referendum advice page for further guidance or email any questions to eu@sheffield.ac.uk