Santander International Merit Scholarship 2019
We are very proud of our association with Santander and grateful for their continued support for University of Sheffield students through their Santander Universities network. Santander have contributed to helping over 40 students to date with financial assistance towards tuition fees.
There are 7 Santander International Merit Scholarships available, each is worth £5,000 towards the Postgraduate Masters tuition fee. The scholarships are available to new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- You will be able to apply for the scholarship via MUSE for applicants once you have received an offer.
- You must hold an offer to study a full-time or part-time postgraduate taught course before 16:00 on Friday 19 April 2019.
- You must have accepted an offer on a postgraduate taught course by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 31 May 2019.
Eligibility and award criteria
You must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following countries:
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Masters programme studied in full at the University of Sheffield only before 19 April 2019.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- Your Masters programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programme is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
|DClinDent Orthodontics||MClinDent in Orthodontics|
|DClinDent Endodontics||MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry|
|DClinDent Periodontics||MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology|
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
This is a competitive process and not all applications will be successful. A panel of senior members of staff will select the strongest applications and will be looking for the following:
|How to apply||
You can apply for this scholarship through an online application form. The form you apply through is called '2019 International Postgraduate Merit Scholarships' and is accessed via MUSE (our online portal for applicants). If you are eligible, you'll receive an email inviting you to apply after you have been offered a place on a course at The University of Sheffield. You will also be considered for a range of other scholarships by applying through the same form.
- You must commence your Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:
- International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019
- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2019
- Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019
- NCUK Postgraduate Scholarship 2019
- The University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship 2019
In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships then the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship is for one year only.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you change your Masters programme during your studies your merit scholarship may be forfeited.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum of 2 full-time academic years. This does not include years in industry or year(s) abroad. For part-time students on Masters programmes that last longer than one year the scholarship the scholarship will be split pro-rata for a maximum of 4 years.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the course.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith. If a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve the predicted grades or if the information provided is false, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for the Santander International Merit Scholarship 2019, to receive the funding you may need to agree to participate in marketing activities and agree for your personal data to be used for analysis purposes.
- If you are selected for the Santander International Merit Scholarship 2019, you will be required to pay a tuition fee deposit by a fixed date.
* Sponsored student is defined as an individual who in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.