Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust masters scholarships
We were pleased to offer four Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarships for eligible students starting their course in 2023.
Details of the 2024 scholarships will be confirmed at a later date.
The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to international development. One of the themes of our strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through our international relationships, locally and abroad’.
Building on this commitment, the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is able to offer scholarships for international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
There were four scholarships available in 2023 to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offered the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance stipend
Eligibility criteria for 2023
- You must have held an offer before Friday 5 May 2023 for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in the 2023-24 academic year:
- International Development MA
- Environmental Change and International Development MSc
- International Development (Masters in Public Health) MPH
- International Law and Global Justice LLM
- International Political Economy MA
- Global Journalism MA
- International Public and Political Communication MA
- Intercultural Communication MA
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, ie not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full-time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2023. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2023.
- You must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries or territories:
How to apply (2023)
Students were automatically considered for the scholarship if they received an offer to study one of the eligible courses before Friday 5 May 2023 and they were a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories.
Course applications were assessed by a panel who decided which students progressed to the final stage of the application process.
If selected for the next stage, students were contacted before Thursday 18 May 2023. If students had not heard from us by this date, unfortunately they had not been selected for the 2023 scholarship.
Applicants contacted before Thursday 18 May 2023 needed to submit an application (which was shared with you) before 1.00pm on Wednesday 31 May 2023. Applications are now closed. Applicants were notified of the outcome of their application before the end of June 2023.
If you have any questions about this award, please email email@example.com
Upcoming events for offer holders and enquirers
We're running a series of information sessions, student panels and virtual activities to help you understand what Sheffield has to offer.