Find out about your options to study Catalan at the University of Sheffield.
Teaching in Catalan is provided by the School of Languages and Cultures (SLC), and there are a variety of options available to include Catalan at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Undergraduate degree combinations that include Catalan are:
- BA Modern Languages & Cultures
- Catalan language & culture with one other language & culture
- Catalan language & culture with two other languages & cultures
- Dual honours (with a non-language subject)
- Catalan language & culture with a non-language subject
- Catalan languages & culture, a second language & culture, and a non-language subject
If you have some experience of modern language learning, you can take Catalan language & culture modules either as part of your degree (unrestricted modules) or alongside your degree (not-for-credit modules).
The School of Languages and Cultures offers a wide range of masters courses which can include Catalan as a language. You can also choose to study not-for-credit modules in Catalan as an extra-curricular activity in addition to your studies.
Postgraduate research students can study Catalan modules on a not-for-credit basis alongside their research. These may be included in your Doctoral Development Programme (DDP) portfolio if relevant to your doctoral research and/or career development.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.