Why intercalate at the University of Sheffield?
Intercalation is an opportunity to delve deeper into a specialism that interests you. As an investment in your future career, you'll enhance your research skills, critical scientific thinking and academic writing.
Why do an intercalated degree?
Students do intercalated years for many different reasons:
- To spend a year doing a high quality research project
- To improve their CV
- To take the first step in a career in academic medicine
- To gain a better knowledge of one medical specialty
- To work closely with leading and internationally renown research academics and consultant staff
- To gain skills in oral presentations, poster writing and writing for publication
What is clear from student evaluations is that the majority of students who do an intercalated year enjoy the experience. In fact, many go on to present papers and posters at major international conferences and to get work published.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.