Dr Matthew (Matt) Mears
University Teacher in Physics
- Room: D29
- Phone: +44 (0)114 22 24289
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Group web page
- Physics education in HE
- Directed motion of self-motile cells
- Cellular adhesion in male factor infertility
- Glass transition of thin films
- Polymers at surfaces and interfaces
- PHY120 (module leader)
- PHY230 / PHY231
- PHY341 project supervision
- PHY407 (module leader)
- Head of second year lab
- Member of departmental Equality and Diversity committee
- Member of the Sheffield Physics Higher Education Research and Development (ShePHERD) group.
- “R-D-L Me This: A simple semi-directed learning approach to teaching first year physics students.” New Directions In The Teaching Of Physical Sciences, 11 (1) (2016)
- "The Spiderwheel - a new apparatus to demonstrate energy conservation and moment of inertia", Am. J. Phys . 83, 817-820 (2015).
- "Effect of extracellular polymeric substances on the mechanical properties of Rhodococcus", BBA-Biomembranes, 1848, 518-526 (2015).
- "Reduced curvilinear velocity of boar sperm on substrates with increased hydrophobicity". Theriogenology, 81, 764 (2014).
- "Diffusion of Dextran Within Poly(methacrylic acid) Hydrogels", J. Polym. Sci. B Polym. Phys., 50, 1286 (2012)
- "Single Macromolecule Diffusion in Confined Environments", Macromolecular Rapid Communications, 32, 1411 (2011)
- Senior Fellow of the HEA