Our degrees are accredited by the Institute of Physics, which means that we cover all of the topics and training that you need to graduate into a professional physics career.
Teaching and learning changes for 2020-21
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we have made some changes to teaching and learning for some courses in the 2020-21 academic year.
These pages will be updated regularly, so please check back for the latest information about your course.
Some courses pull in expertise from other departments at the University of Sheffield, so that you can study physics in the context of a related discipline and graduate as a specialist.
All of our courses include lots of practical teaching, so that you're fully trained to complete your own research project. There is also the chance to do a Degree with Employment Experience and spend a year working in industry or, on some courses, spend a year studying physics and a top overseas institution.
- Physics BSc
- Physics MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics BSc
- Physics and Astrophysics MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics with Study Abroad MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Physics and Astrophysics with a Year in Industry MPhys
- Physics with Medical Physics BSc
- Physics with Medical Physics MPhys
- Physics with Philosophy BSc
- Physics with Philosophy MPhys
- Physics with Study Abroad MPhys
- Physics with a Foundation Year MPhys or BSc
- Physics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Physics with a Year in Industry MPhys
- Theoretical Physics BSc
- Theoretical Physics MPhys
- Theoretical Physics with Study Abroad MPhys
- Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry MPhys
Results and Clearing 2020
We have places available on some courses for additional high-achieving students through Clearing and Adjustment.