We offer a range of physics degrees. They include opportunities to study abroad, complete a year-long work placement or specialise in astrophysics, particle physics, theoretical physics or medical physics.
BSc or MPhys?
MPhys courses come with a final year of research training, where you'll work in the lab with a team of professional scientists on an unanswered question in chemistry. They're the best route for students who are thinking about a career in scientific research.
These courses are all accredited by the Institute of Physics, so you’ll cover the key topics that every physicist needs to understand: mechanics, waves, optics, relativity, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum physics and more.
But there’s always flexibility to choose from a wide range of optional modules too, so you can tailor your degree to your interests, your career goals and the global challenges you want to help solve.
Physics – 2022 entry:
- Physics BSc
- Physics MPhys
- Physics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Physics with a Year in Industry MPhys
- Physics with Study Abroad MPhys
Physics and Astrophysics – 2022 entry:
- Physics and Astrophysics BSc
- Physics and Astrophysics MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Physics and Astrophysics with a Year in Industry MPhys
- Physics and Astrophysics with Study Abroad MPhys
Physics with Particle Physics courses – 2022 entry:
Theoretical Physics – 2022 entry:
- Theoretical Physics BSc
- Theoretical Physics MPhys
- Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry BSc
- Theoretical Physics with a Year in Industry MPhys
- Theoretical Physics with Study Abroad
Physics with Medical Physics courses – 2022 entry
Physics with Philosophy – 2022 entry:
Explore the University
Discover what sets Sheffield apart at our next on-campus open day.