School of Health and Related Research
+44 114 222 2969
Full contact details
School of Health and Related Research
Regent Court (ScHARR)
30 Regent Street
I joined the department in February 2010 as a Research Associate. Previous to this, I worked as a Research Physiologist at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, where I undertook health checks for volunteers participating in a study researching the benefits of workplace health interventions.
Upon first joining ScHARR I worked on the SAFER 2 trial (Support and Assessment for Fall Emergency Referrals), in partnership with East Midlands Ambulance Service and Swansea University, on a project that looked to assess the costs and benefits to patients and the NHS of new assessment and referral tools for paramedics attending elderly fallers.
Following this, I joined the Health Economics and Decision Science (HEDs) section of ScHARR as a Systematic Reviewer. In June 2014 I joined the Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) as a Study Manager of the Lifestyle Matters study, a randomised controlled trial to determine the benefit of an occupational therapy-based programme for people aged 65 years and older.
- Lifestyle Matters
I am based in the Design, Trials and Statistics section.
This person does not have any publications available.
- Lifestyle matters randomized controlled trial of a preventive health intervention for older people: Qualitative sub study with participants and intervention facilitators. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 15, 239-253. View this article in WRRO
- Challenges in the design, planning and implementation of trials evaluating group interventions. Trials, 21. View this article in WRRO
- Induced endometrial trauma (endometrial scratch) in the mid-luteal menstrual cycle phase preceding first cycle IVF/ICSI versus usual IVF/ICSI therapy: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.. BMJ Open, 8(5). View this article in WRRO
- Recruitment of older adults to three preventative lifestyle improvement studies. Trials, 19. View this article in WRRO
- Paramedic Assessment of Older Adults After Falls, Including Community Care Referral Pathway: Cluster Randomized Trial. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 70(4), 495-505.e28. View this article in WRRO
- The long-term (24-month) effect on health and well-being of the Lifestyle Matters community-based intervention in people aged 65 years and over: a qualitative study. BMJ Open, 7(9), e016711-e016711. View this article in WRRO
- A preventative lifestyle intervention for older adults (lifestyle matters): a randomised controlled trial. Age And Ageing, 46, 627-634. View this article in WRRO
- Support and assessment for fall emergency referrals (SAFER) 2: A cluster randomised trial and systematic review of clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of new protocols for emergency ambulance paramedics to assess older people following a fall with referral to community-based care when appropriate. Health Technology Assessment, 21(13), 1-218. View this article in WRRO
- The use of rapid review methods in health technology assessments: 3 case studies. BMC Medical Research Methodology, 16(1). View this article in WRRO
- The “Lifestyle Matters” Study: Results From a Trial of an Occupational Therapy Lifestyle Intervention for Older Adults. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 70(4_Supplement_1), 7011515242p1-7011515242p1.
- Psychological and psychosocial interventions for cannabis cessation in adults: A systematic review. Addiction Research and Theory, 24(2), 93-110. View this article in WRRO
- IMPLEMENTATION OF A NOVEL INTERVENTION TO CARE FOR ELDERLY PATIENTS WHO FALL: PARAMEDICS' VIEWS. Emergency Medicine Journal, 32(5), e1.1-e1.
- TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS: THE STORY OF THE SAFER 2 STUDY. Emergency Medicine Journal, 32(5), e4.2-e4.
- A SYSTEMATIC REVIEW OF LITERATURE ON THE CARE OF OLDER PEOPLE WHO FALL AND USE OUT-OF-HOSPITAL EMERGENCY SERVICES. Emergency Medicine Journal, 32(5), e3.1-e3.
- DEVELOPMENT OF COMPLEX INTERVENTION IN EMERGENCY CARE OF FALLS FOR EVALUATION:IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MRC GUIDANCE. Emergency Medicine Journal, 32(5), e10.3-e11.
- Involving older people in a multi-centre randomised trial of a complex intervention in pre-hospital emergency care: implementation of a collaborative model. Trials, 16(1). View this article in WRRO
- An evaluation of the referral process in the emergency department.. Emerg Med J, 31(10), 827-832.
- PP57 Implementation of a novel intervention to care for elderly patients whofall: analysis of paramedics’ views using Normalisation Process Theory. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, 68(Suppl 1), A69.3-A70.
- Support and assessment for fall emergency referrals (SAFER 2) research protocol: cluster randomised trial of the clinical and cost effectiveness of new protocols for emergency ambulance paramedics to assess and refer to appropriate community-based care.. BMJ Open, 2(6). View this article in WRRO
- Psychological and psychosocial interventions for cannabis cessation in adults: a systematic review short report. Health Technology Assessment, 19(56), 1-130. View this article in WRRO
Conference proceedings papers
- Factors that affect attrition in RCTs for the treatment of depression. Trials, Vol. 20(Suppl 1) (pp 53-54). Brighton, UK, 6 October 2019 - 9 October 2019. View this article in WRRO
- View this article in WRRO Challenges in the design, planning and implementation of trials evaluating group interventions. 5th International Clinical Trials Methodology Conference (ICTMC 2019).
- Teaching interests
- Critical appraisal of research evidence (MBChB students)
- MPH dissertation supervision