Health and Place
The Health and Place Group has been established to pursue engaged research, teaching and knowledge transfer activities associated with place-based and community approaches to addressing determinants of health and inequalities.
We work with partners in Sheffield, the UK and internationally on a range of topics relating to place and community (e.g. community action, food, welfare, housing, integrated health and social care).
- Natural environments and green spaces
- Built and urban environments
- Food and obesogenic environments
- Environments and health inequalities
- Physical environment (air, water, soil, radiation)
- Climate change and disaster management
The University’s four flagship institutes bring together our key strengths to tackle global issues, turning interdisciplinary and translational research into real-world solutions.