Dr Fiona Wilson PhD, RN, BA, MA, PCGE, RNT, SFHEA
The School of Nursing & Midwifery
Office located at:
Barber House Annexe
3a Clarkehouse Road
Sheffield S10 2LA
T: 0114 222 2085
I joined the School of Nursing & Midwifery in May 2016. I have a clinical nursing background having worked in the areas of critical care, palliative care and the care of older people. I am an experienced researcher having worked on a number of studies exploring issues around service delivery for older people, the impact of reminiscence on frail older people and as well as exploring participatory research approaches with older people and hard-to-reach groups. I have worked in higher education for a number of years and am a senior fellow of the higher education academy.
I have been involved in the delivery undergraduate and postgraduate nursing courses including clinical and social science aspects of health and health policy. Currently I co lead on the units: ‘Ageing health & wellbeing’ and ‘Making use of information’.
Choice and decision making: How do people make decisions about using hospice services?
Clinical practice is maintained through practice and continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
I am also a reviewer for a number of academic journals.
- Wilson F, Ingleton C, Gott M & Gardiner C (2013) Autonomy and choice in palliative care: Time for a new model?. Journal of Advanced Nursing. View this article in WRRO
- Wilson F, Gott M & Ingleton C (2013) Perceived risks around choice and decision making at end-of-life: a literature review.. Palliat Med, 27(1), 38-53.
- McKee KJ, Wilson F, Chung MC, Hinchliff S, Goudie F, Elford H & Mitchell C (2005) Reminiscence, regrets and activity in older people in residential care: associations with psychological health.. Br J Clin Psychol, 44(Pt 4), 543-561.
- Elford H, Wilson F, McKee KJ, Chung MC, Bolton G & Goudie F (2005) Psychosocial benefits of solitary reminiscence writing: an exploratory study.. Aging Ment Health, 9(4), 305-314.
- Walsh CL, Gordon MF, Marshall M, Wilson F & Hunt T (2005) Interprofessional capability: A developing framework for interprofessional education.. Nurse Educ Pract, 5(4), 230-237.
- Davies S, Brown J, Wilson F & Nolan M (2000) Excellence in the care of older people: case report. 4.. Nurs Times, 96(37), 46-47.
- Davies S, Brown J, Wilson F & Nolan M (2000) Promoting excellence in the care of older people: case report. 3.. Nurs Times, 96(36), 41-42.
- Davies S, Brown J, Wilson F & Nolan M (2000) Dignity on the ward: promoting excellence in care.. Nurs Times, 96(33), 37-39.