MUSE for offer holders
As part of our extended community, if you're holding a University of Sheffield offer you're entitled to access the members area of our website, MUSE – My University of Sheffield Environment.
Using MUSE is the easiest way to:
- Book to attend departmental open days
- Apply for University accommodation (available from March)
- Apply for scholarships
- Complete pre-registration tasks
If you go on to register as a student at the University, you’ll continue to use MUSE to download course materials, manage your student record and access University services. And you’ll still be able to use MUSE after you’ve graduated.
To access MUSE you need to set up your University account. Within 48 hours of issuing your offer, we'll send you an email from UniversityAccountSetup@sheffield.ac.uk containing your username and inviting you to activate your account by following the instructions in our account activation site:
Account activationWhen you’ve activated your account you can access MUSE at any time by selecting ‘Log in to MUSE’ in the black bar along the top of any sheffield.ac.uk web page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't had my MUSE set-up email. What should I do?
If you haven't been invited to access MUSE three working days after receiving your offer, please contact our Enquiries Team including your full name, UCAS ID/Sheffield applicant number and email address (do check spam/junk folders first!).
- I can't find my email, could you resend it to me?
Please contact our Enquiries Team including your full name, UCAS ID/applicant number and email address and we can re-issue the email to you.
- I have my MUSE set-up email but I can't activate/access my account.
Any problems with activating or accessing your MUSE account can be resolved by our IT Services department. Their contact details are:
- Phone: +44 114 222 1111, lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
- Submit an IT Support request form, and a member of the team will get back to you
- The system won't let me create a password.
Your new password must follow these minimum criteria:
- Between 10 and 30 characters long
- Starts with a letter
- Contain at least one numeric digit
- Contain only alphabetic letters, numeric digits and allowed punctuation characters _ [underscore] or # [hash]
- I've entered an incorrect address as my preferred email address.
Please contact our Enquiries Team including your full name, UCAS ID/applicant number, the incorrect email address and the email address you would like it changing to. We can then update the system for you.
- I forgot my username/password.
If you've forgotten your applicant username or password, you can reset your password online and get a reminder of your username via the relevant link:
- I've previously studied at the University. Do I need to set up a new account?
Yes. Your existing/old account will remain active until you've completed your original course, but while you're holding an offer for a new course you'll also need access to the applicants' view of MUSE. You'll need a new username and password for that.
- What do I do after setting up my MUSE account?
In preparation for you studying with us, we'll email you a set of Pre-Registration tasks that you need to complete via MUSE, so it's important that you check your inbox regularly. Please see the below page for full information on registration:
If you have any further questions or concerns about Pre-Registration, please contact our Registration Team:
Phone: +44 (0) 114 222 1288, lines are open Monday to Friday, 10am-1pm
- How can I access my registration timetable through MUSE?
If you're beginning your course in September/October, you can access your personalised Registration timetable from 1 September. This will be added to your University of Sheffield Google Calendar, which will appear in the My Services menu accessible at the top of University webpages.
The timetable will show your University welcome meeting and other central registration events, as well as any registration events taking place within your academic department. The timetable will also be included in the iSheffield app.
A global reputation
Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.