The University of Sheffield has developed summer school partnerships with a variety of European and non-European universities. Information on each of the summer schools is provided within the portfolio below.
Priority is given to Global Scholars and please note that the summer school portfolio may change year on year.
Further points to consider:
Global Scholars award received before arrival at Sheffield:
You can go in the summer of 2018 or 2019. However, depending on the degree course you are enrolled in at Sheffield you may only be able to go after year 1 or year 2. Check with your department if there are any restrictions.
Global Scholars award received after arrival at Sheffield:
You go abroad in the summer of 2018
- Check the dates and length of the summer school and ensure you are free for the entire duration of the course.
- Keep an open mind concerning the courses on offer and do some research into what they provide.
- It’s not a holiday; some summer schools require pre-reading and/or exams during the course. Some courses also have an intensive workload which may leave a limited amount of time for socialising.
- The decision on your acceptance onto the summer school lies ultimately with the hosting university.
- Course offerings can change from year to year and some courses can be cancelled due to a lack of demand. Please always consult the individual partner universities’ web pages for the most up-to-date information.