Priority four: Sustainability
We will aim to be one of the most environmentally sustainable research-intensive universities in the country, ensuring sustainability runs through everything we do: the education we provide for students; our world-class research and innovation; and our campus operations and local environment.
- Publish and implement our Sustainability Strategy and Action Plan, in partnership with our Students’ Union, and monitor our progress as a campus community.
- Actively contribute to and support all 17 of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals through our education, research and campus activities.
- Embed Education for Sustainable Development into all of our courses.
- Continue to seek solutions to the global climate emergency through our world-class research. We will use our facilities as ‘living labs ‘ to test our research.
- Lead by example and use our expertise, knowledge, and resources to have a positive impact on our local environment, radically reducing our emissions on campus and becoming carbon neutral.
- Work collaboratively with our regional partners to help the Sheffield City Region respond to the climate emergency.
We are the University of Sheffield. And this is our vision.