Priority one: Portfolio
We will shape and deliver a balanced research-informed portfolio of programmes, which serves the needs of students and develops graduates with the knowledge and skills for successful careers.
- Regularly review, develop and adapt our institutional portfolio, using evidence and best practice, to ensure we are meeting student needs, reflecting disciplinary research and teaching developments.
- Build on the successful Programme Level Approach (PLA), ensuring that programmes are carefully designed and developed to deliver agreed learning outcomes.
- Ensure that programmes are nationally and internationally competitive and attract high achieving applicants from all backgrounds.
- Reflect on and adapt our offer to improve the quality and effective delivery of our portfolio.
- Work in partnership with students, employers and other stakeholders and use their feedback to further develop our programmes.
- Give students more opportunities to develop the deep knowledge, broad skills, and range of attributes they need to become assured and considered graduates.
- Provide guidance, support and resources to enable departments to deliver high-quality programmes.