Information for parents

Find out how you can support your child as they move into University-owned accommodation, and how you can keep in touch while they're away.

The Sheffield Mayor moving students into accommodation in 2018

Get in contact with us

Need to talk to someone?

We want to hear from you if you have any questions, concerns or complaints.

Customer Services

For any general enquires or questions about our facilities and services.

Residence Life

If you are concerned about your child's/student's welfare, wellbeing or support.

The Accommodation Office

For anything relating to accommodation.

How does my family member apply? 

Applications for 2023-24 will open in March 2023. Students are able to apply through MUSE, which can be accessed via our Prospective Students section of the website. Unfortunately, third parties are unable to make an application on behalf of a student.

Parents and guardians' newsletter

If your child is coming to live in University accommodation, sign up to receive our parents and guardians' newsletter, which will be circulated prior to moving in weekend.

Sign up

Directions and maps

Find out how to The University of Sheffield University using local and national transport:

Did you know that we offer accommodation for parents, family or friends visiting the University of Sheffield? Our Halifax Hall and Jonas Hotel are conveniently located on the edge of the Ranmoor/Endcliffe residences and are a short walk from the University campus as well as Ecclesall Road, an area popular for its bars, pubs and restaurants.

Plan your trip

Contracts and policies

Please refer to this page for all policies and procedures for the University accommodation owned and managed by The University of Sheffield.

Read our 2022-23 contracts


£5,000, or £7,500 for student families, of room contents insurance with Cover4Students is included as part of the rent.

TV Licence 

If your child plans to have a television in their room, or watch live or catch-up TV online, they will need a TV license.

Safety and security

Safety and security are a key priority for us and we have a wide range of measures in place. These include 24/7 security services, CCTV and regular patrols.