Responsible Drinking Policy
Alcohol and Responsible Drinking Policy
- We only sell spirits in single measures 25ml and double measure 50ml.
- Wine shall be offered in 125ml, 175ml and 250ml
- We will not mix spirits in the same glass other than as part of recognised cocktails. E.g. Dirty Pints.
- Promotional activity will not suggest that consumption of the drink can lead to social success or popularity.
- Promotional activity will not urge the consumer to drink rapidly or to “down” a product in one.
- Promotional activity will not condone, encourage or glamorise excessive drinking or drunkenness or encourage anti-social behaviour.
- Effects of intoxication should not be referred to in any favourable manner.
- We will avoid any promotion that relies on an unpredictable event e.g. ‘first goal scored’, and therefore encourages urgent and/or unplanned alcohol consumption.
- We will not have promotions that involve drinking games.
- We will not have any promotion that involves an initial payment to obtain reduced price alcohol for any period – e.g. “Quid’s In”
- We have a minimum pricing of alcohol set at £1.50
- All promotional activity will incorporate a soft drinks offer and at all times prices of soft drink are all priced to encourage non alcohol drinking.
- Tap water will be freely available at all times.
- If there is doubt over a persons age a valid proof of age must be shown acceptable forms of ID are a driving license or passport.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.