As part of the campus transformation the one way system on Mappin Street will be extended to ease traffic flow on the road and make it safer for pedestrians.
The bus stop currently in place will be relocated, with the 95 bus re-routed down Mappin Street via Broad Lane.
There will be improved road signs to make it clearer for drivers and to ensure pedestrians understand the new road system.
- The 95 bus service will now go straight across at Brook Hill roundabout, before turning right onto Mappin Street and then left onto West Street - there will be a new bus stop at the West Street end of Mappin Street
- An additional drop kerb crossing will be installed on Mappin Street, outside the Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind
- Work installing the paving outside Portobello has been completed - seating and cycle hoops will be installed at a later date
- As part of the Engineering Heartspace project the parking spaces on Abney Street will be removed - spaces will be relocated to the Velocity car park, passes for the car park can be acquired at the EFM helpdesk
- The bus stop outside the centre of Mappin Street (previously St.George's Library) will be removed and replaced with two new stops
- The new bus stop at the top of Mappin Street, outside Sir Frederick Mappin Building will not be installed until after the Engineering Heartspace project has been completed in late 2018
Use our interactive map to help you find the best way around campus.
Sign up for our weekly email updates.
Start your journey here!
You can contact us by email on - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on 0114 222 9000
Please be aware that the communications service will only be available 9.00 am - 5.00 pm during weekdays. If your enquiry is received outside these hours, we'll get back to you as soon as we can on the next working day.
Tweet us @CheckMyRoute1
In most cases the information you want will be available on the website, through the interactive map or in the weekly email updates.
You can also check our FAQ's page.