Dr Prosanta Gope
Department of Computer Science
Lecturer in Cybersecurity
PGT Admissions Tutor
Member of the Security of Advanced Systems research group
+44 114 222 1897
Full contact details
Department of Computer Science
Regent Court (DCS)
Prosanta Gope is a Lecturer in Cybersecurity at the University of Sheffield since August 2019 and is a member of the Security of Advanced Systems Research Group. Dr. Gope served as a Research Fellow in the Department of Computer Science at National University of Singapore (NUS). Primarily driven by tackling challenging real-world security problems, he has expertise in lightweight anonymous authentication, authenticated encryption, access control, security of mobile communications, healthcare, Internet of Things, Cloud, RFIDs, WSNs, Smart-Grid and hardware security of IoT devices. He has authored more than 75 peer-reviewed articles in several reputable international journals and conferences and has four filed patents. Dr. Gope has served as TPC member in several international conferences such as IEEE GLOBECOM, ARES, etc. He currently serves as an Associate Editor for the IEEE INTERNET OF THINGS JOURNAL, IEEE SYSTEMS JOURNAL, IEEE SENSORS JOURNAL, the Security and Communication Networks, and the Mobile Information Systems Journal.
- Research interests
Since 2012, he has been working on the several areas of “Network & Information security, and Cryptography”, where he has done extensive research in designing various security solutions for wireless communication security by considering several practical and challenging issues.
His research interests include Lightweight and Anonymous Authentication, Authenticated Encryption, Access Control, Security in Mobile Communication, Cloud Security, Healthcare Security, Security in Internet of Things, RFID Security, Security in Wireless Sensor Network (WSN), Quantum Cryptography, Security in Smart-Grid, and Hardware Security of the IoT Devices.
- Design, Analysis and Implementation of a Smart Next Generation Secure Shipping Infrastructure Using Autonomous Robot. Computer Networks, 107779-107779.
- A provably secure authentication scheme for RFID-enabled UAV applications. Computer Communications, 166, 19-25.
- An efficient blockchain-based authentication scheme for energy-trading in V2G networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- An efficient privacy-preserving authenticated key agreement scheme for edge-assisted internet of drones. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology.
- A secure IoT-based modern healthcare system with fault-tolerant decision making process. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. View this article in WRRO
- PharmaCrypt : blockchain for critical pharmaceutical industry to counterfeit drugs. Computer, 53(7), 29-44. View this article in WRRO
- Bio-AKA: An efficient fingerprint based two factor user authentication and key agreement scheme. Future Generation Computer Systems, 109, 45-55.
- PMAKE : Privacy-aware multi-factor authenticated key establishment scheme for advance metering infrastructure in smart grid. Computer Communications. View this article in WRRO
- An Efficient Privacy-Friendly Hop-by-Hop Data Aggregation Scheme for Smart Grids. IEEE Systems Journal, 14(1), 343-352.
- Design and analysis of authenticated key agreement scheme in cloud-assisted cyber–physical systems. Future Generation Computer Systems, 108, 1267-1286.
- An efficient privacy-preserving authentication scheme for energy internet-based vehicle-to-grid communication. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 10(6), 6607-6618. View this article in WRRO
- Lightweight and Physically Secure Anonymous Mutual Authentication Protocol for Real-Time Data Access in Industrial Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 15(9), 4957-4968.
- LAAP: Lightweight anonymous authentication protocol for D2D-Aided fog computing paradigm. Computers & Security, 86, 223-237. View this article in WRRO
- Privacy-Aware Authenticated Key Agreement Scheme for Secure Smart Grid Communication. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 10(4), 3953-3962.
- Anonymity Preserving and Lightweight Multimedical Server Authentication Protocol for Telecare Medical Information System. IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 23(4), 1749-1759.
- Lightweight and privacy-friendly spatial data aggregation for secure power supply and demand management in smart grids. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 14(6), 1554-1566. View this article in WRRO
- PrivHome: Privacy-preserving authenticated communication in smart home environment. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. View this article in WRRO
- Anonymous Communications for Secure Device-to-Device-Aided Fog Computing: Architecture, Challenges, and Solutions. IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, 8(3), 10-16.
- Lightweight and privacy-preserving two-factor authentication scheme for IoT devices. IEEE Internet of Things, 6(1), 580-589. View this article in WRRO
- Anonymous mutual authentication with location privacy support for secure communication in M2M home network services. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 10(1), 153-161.
- Lightweight and Practical Anonymous Authentication Protocol for RFID Systems Using Physically Unclonable Functions. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 13(11), 2831-2843.
- Lightweight and privacy-preserving RFID authentication scheme for distributed IoT infrastructure with secure localization services for smart city environment. Future Generation Computer Systems, 83, 629-637.
- Anonymous and expeditious mobile user authentication scheme for GLOMONET environments. International Journal of Communication Systems, 31(2), e3461-e3461.
- Efficient authentication protocol for secure multimedia communications in IoT-enabled wireless sensor networks. Multimedia Tools and Applications, 77(14), 18295-18325.
- An Efficient Data Aggregation Scheme for Privacy-Friendly Dynamic Pricing-Based Billing and Demand-Response Management in Smart Grids. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 5(4), 3126-3135.
- Resilience of DoS Attacks in Designing Anonymous User Authentication Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal, 17(2), 498-503.
- Enhanced secure mutual authentication and key agreement scheme with user anonymity in ubiquitous global mobility networks. Journal of Information Security and Applications, 35, 160-167.
- Robust Anonymous Mutual Authentication Scheme for
n-Times Ubiquitous Mobile Cloud Computing Services. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 4(5), 1764-1772.
- IA-CTR: Integrity-Aware Conventional Counter Mode for Secure and Efficient Communication in Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications, 94(3), 467-479.
- Multi-party semi-quantum key distribution-convertible multi-party semi-quantum secret sharing. Quantum Information Processing, 16(8).
- Multi-Party Quantum Private Comparison Protocol with an Almost-Dishonest Third Party using GHZ States. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, 55(6), 2969-2976.
- An Efficient Quantum Private Comparison of Equality over Collective-Noise Channels. International Journal of Theoretical Physics, 55(4), 2125-2138.
- BSN-Care: A Secure IoT-Based Modern Healthcare System Using Body Sensor Network. IEEE Sensors Journal, 16(5), 1368-1376.
- Faecal contamination of commuters’ hands in main vehicle stations in Dhaka city, Bangladesh. Transactions of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 110(6), 367-372.
- A Realistic Lightweight Anonymous Authentication Protocol for Securing Real-Time Application Data Access in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 63(11), 7124-7132.
- A Novel Reference Security Model with the Situation Based Access Policy for Accessing EPHR Data. Journal of Medical Systems, 40(11).
- RT-OCFB: Real-Time Based Optimized Cipher Feedback Mode. Cryptologia, 40(1), 1-14.
- PFC-CTR, PFC-OCB: Efficient stream cipher modes of authencryption. Cryptologia, 40(3), 285-302.
- PFX: an essence of authencryption for block-cipher security. Security and Communication Networks, 9(10), 1186-1197.
- Robust stream-cipher mode of authenticated encryption for secure communication in wireless sensor network. Security and Communication Networks, 9(7), 667-679.
- An efficient mutual authentication and key agreement scheme preserving strong anonymity of the mobile user in global mobility networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 62, 1-8.
- Lightweight and Energy-Efficient Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme With User Anonymity for Secure Communication in Global Mobility Networks. IEEE Systems Journal, 10(4), 1370-1379.
- Untraceable Sensor Movement in Distributed IoT Infrastructure. IEEE Sensors Journal, 15(9), 5340-5348.
- Enhanced Secure Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme Preserving User Anonymity in Global Mobile Networks (vol 82, pg 2231, 2015). WIRELESS PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS, 82(4), 2247-2247.
- Multi-party quantum private comparison with an almost-dishonest third party. Quantum Information Processing, 14(11), 4225-4235.
- Integrity-Aware Parallelizable Cipher Feedback Mode for Real-time Cryptography.. IACR Cryptol. ePrint Arch., 2015, 897-897.
- A realistic lightweight authentication protocol preserving strong anonymity for securing RFID system. Computers & Security, 55, 271-280.
- IAR-CTR and IAR-CFB: integrity aware real-time based counter and cipher feedback modes. Security and Communication Networks, 8(18), 3939-3952.
- Enhanced Secure Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme Preserving User Anonymity in Global Mobile Networks. Wireless Personal Communications, 82(4), 2231-2245.
- Erratum to: Enhanced Secure Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme Preserving User Anonymity in Global Mobile Networks. Wireless Personal Communications, 82(4), 2247-2247.
- Enhancement of Wettability of Aluminum Based Silicon Carbide Reinforced Particulate Metal Matrix Composite. High Temperature Materials and Processes, 0(0).
- Provably Secure Mutual Authentication and Key Exchange Scheme for Expeditious Mobile Communication Through Synchronously One-Time Secrets. Wireless Personal Communications, 77(1), 197-224.
- Smart Aging System: Uncovering the Hidden Wellness Parameter for Well-Being Monitoring and Anomaly Detection. Sensors, 19(4), 766-766.
- Smart Home Anti-Theft System: A Novel Approach for Near Real-Time Monitoring and Smart Home Security for Wellness Protocol. Applied System Innovation, 1(4), 42-42.
- Security Weaknesses on a Delegation-Based Authentication Protocol for PCSs. Information Technology And Control, 44(3).
- An Enhanced JPEG Steganography Scheme with Encryption Technique. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, 924-930.
- An enhanced secure delegation-based anonymous authentication protocol for PCSs. International Journal of Communication Systems, e4199-e4199.
- An efficient ambient intelligent–assisted people searching for Internet of Things–based health-care system, Assistive Technology for the Elderly (pp. 45-58). Elsevier
Conference proceedings papers
- An Efficient Privacy-Friendly Multi-Hop Data Aggregation Scheme for Smart Grids. 2019 IEEE Power & Energy Society Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), 18 February 2019 - 21 February 2019.
- A Lightweight and Privacy-Preserving Data Aggregation for Dynamic Pricing-based Billing in Smart Grids. 2018 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), 21 October 2018 - 25 October 2018.
- An Efficient Privacy-Preserving Dynamic Pricing-based Billing Scheme for Smart Grids. 2018 IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS), 30 May 2018 - 1 June 2018.
- Issues and mitigation of attenuation and direction of arrival in wellness protocol to wireless sensors and networks based smart building. 2017 International conference of Electronics, Communication and Aerospace Technology (ICECA), 20 April 2017 - 22 April 2017.
- Forward/Backward Unforgeable Digital Signature Scheme Using Symmetric-Key Crypto-System. 2016 International Computer Symposium (ICS), 15 December 2016 - 17 December 2016.
- Forward/Backward Unforgeable Digital Signature Scheme Using Symmetric-Key Crypto-System. 2016 INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER SYMPOSIUM (ICS) (pp 244-247)
- Energy Efficient Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme with Strong Anonymity Support for Secure Ubiquitious Roaming Services. 2016 11th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES), 31 August 2016 - 2 September 2016.
- Security Weaknesses on a Mutual Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme in Global Mobile Networks. Computer Science & Information Technology ( CS & IT )
- Provably secure mutual authentication and key agreement scheme with user anonymity. 2013 9th International Conference on Information, Communications & Signal Processing, 10 December 2013 - 13 December 2013.
- An efficient cryptographic approach for secure policy based routing: (TACIT Encryption Technique). 2011 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology, 8 April 2011 - 10 April 2011.
- An Enhanced Round Robin Policy for Real Time Traffic (pp 44-50)
- X-MODDES (eXtended Multi Operator Delimiter Based Data Encryption Standard). 2010 Second International Conference on Future Networks, 22 January 2010 - 24 January 2010.
- A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF PERFORMANCE BASED CRYPTO ANALYSIS FEATURES FOR STANDARD DATA ENCRYPTION ALGORITHMS WITH (MODDES). Computer and Network Technology
- MULTI OPERATOR DELIMITER BASED DATA ENCRYPTION STANDARD (MODDES). Computer and Network Technology
- Professional activities
- Member of the Security of Advanced Systems Research Group
Editorial Board Member of the Following Journals:
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Internet of Things Journal
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Systems Journal
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Sensors Journal
- Associate Editor of the Security and Communication Networks
- Associate Editor of the Mobile Information Systems Journal