Fees and Funding
PhD and MPhil fees
UK/EU and International - TBC
Further information can be found on the University Tuition Fees pages.
The University of Sheffield and the Department of Computer Science offer a wide range of funding opportunities for PhD students.
- Research Grants: Most of our PhD students are supported by research grants held by individual academics or research groups.
- University and Faculty Scholarships: The University of Sheffield and the Faculty of Engineering offer a number of highly competitive scholarships.
- Departmental Scholarhsips: Each year the Department has funds to finance a number of full scholarships for UK/EU applicants and a number of partial fee scholarships for non-UK/EU applicants. Applicants wishing to apply for a departmental scholarship should discuss funding opportunities with their prospective supervisor.
- EPSRC Doctoral Training Grants: Each year the Department of Computer Science offers a number of additional Doctoral Training Grants to top applicants. To apply you must contact potential supervisors to discuss a project. Your application must consist (1) of a complete application form submitted through university admissions, and (2) a project proposal that has been developed together with your supervisor, and has been submitted to our PhD administrator. Please check the EPSRC web site for eligibility and contact our Postgraduate research admissions office for further information.
- Other sources of funding: Many of our international PhD students are funded by governments or institutions of their home countries, or by international exchange programmes. We are happy to offer help and advice with such applications.
- Additional Support. The Department of Computer Science can offer financial support, potentially in the form of reduced tuition fees, to top up existing financial support if there is a strong case. To apply, please contact our Postgraduate research admissions office.