Dr Stephen Forrest
BSc, MSc, PhD
Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Electrical Machines and Drives Research Group
- Research interests
- Power electronic converters
- Control of high speed, low inductance Permanent Magnet Machines
- Active filters for grid facing applications
- Design, construction, and testing of an aero-engine starter-generator for the more-electric aircraft. The Journal of Engineering, 2019(17), 3474-3478. View this article in WRRO
- Design features for enhancing the performance of electromagnetic valve actuation systems. IEEE T MAGN, 41(3), 1163-1168.
Conference proceedings papers
- Stability analysis of a current source rectifier based drive for aerospace applications. Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, IEMDC 2013 (pp 911-918)
- Analysis of Switching Loss of an AC Fed Direct Converter for a Switched Reluctance Machine. ICEM: 2008 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ELECTRICAL MACHINES, VOLS 1- 4 (pp 1931-1936)
- Analysis of an AC fed direct converter for a switched reluctance machine in aerospace applications. 2006 CES/IEEE 5th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 14 August 2006 - 16 August 2006.
- Current ripple minimisation in switched reluctance (SR) machines for aerospace applications. INTERMAG 2006 - IEEE International Magnetics Conference (pp 768)
- Analysis of an AC fed direct converter for a switched reluctance machine in aerospace applications. IPEMC 2006: CES/IEEE 5TH INTERNATIONAL POWER ELECTRONICS AND MOTION CONTROL CONFERENCE, VOLS 1-3, CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS (pp 977-982)