Couch to 5K
Start 2021 with your best foot forwards and run your way to 5K. We're challenging you to take on a Couch to 5K challenge and help us raise £5K for Parkinson’s Disease research at the University of Sheffield.
Sign up for Sheffield's Couch to 5KAim to raise £50 individually, and once you receive your first donation on Just Giving we’ll send you a free Parkinson’s fundraising sports t-shirt.
Already run 5K? Why not take it further, and challenge yourself to a ‘5K to 10K’ programme.
At the University of Sheffield, our team of Parkinson’s researchers are world-leading experts in the field. Our methods have enabled a unique clinical trial to take place, testing a drug which has been used to treat liver disease. This drug has the potential to repair damaged cells in Parkinson’s patients, which could slow disease progression. Our researchers are confident a breakthrough is round the corner. With your help, Sheffield could contribute to unlocking a cure for Parkinson’s Disease.
Two more people are diagnosed every hour, that’s 18,000 people every year, currently affecting 145,000 people in the UK alone in 2020. New treatments are needed to stop Parkinson's in its tracks, and your fundraising can make a difference.
Ready? Here are four 4 simple steps to get started:
- Sign up below - this is how you get your FREE t-shirt after receiving your 1st donation
- (these are limited and will be sent on a first come, first served basis)
- Set up your Just Giving page - download our simple instructions
- Download the Couch to 5K app, follow the Couch to 5K plan below, or do your own thing! Download 'Couch to 5K+' if you want to up your distance from 5K
- Keep us updated with your progress using #TUOSRun on social media
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.