Workforce Development Funding (WDF) Eligibility
Workforce Development Funding (WDF) funding may be available to applicants for our courses who are NHS staff working across South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw through their contracts with the University of Sheffield. (WDF was previously referred to as LBR funding or SSPRD funding)
Non-medical registered healthcare staff delivering NHS commissioned healthcare are eligible to access the WDF education if they meet all of the following conditions:
- Their employing organisation supports significant practice learning of pre-registration NMET students by providing placements.
- Their employing organisation has identified you as an applicant they have obtained WDF funding to support within their training needs analysis.
- They have the support of their organisation and have discussed the study commitment/negotiated study time in line with local policies and in light of the requirement for study time as identified within the course literature (whether in the Higher Education Institution, work-based or distance-learning)
- They have applied online to the University of Sheffield. They agree to complete the module of study including all associated practice and/or assessment elements
- Their application is approved by, and their study recorded by, their Trust Learning Development Agreement Lead/Education Lead or Local Workforce Team Lead.
- The study supports the achievement of the organisation’s workforce plan and/or aligns with their county workforce plan
For further information about WDF eligibility and approval, please contact your trust or organisation's LBR lead.
Download and complete the fees and funding form here.