Oil and gas and offshore
We have interests in multiphase flow measurement, abrasive jet cutting, flow across pipelines and thermal management of pipelines etc.
We are applying computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to tackle problems encountered in the industry.
Recently completed projects
- Design of a simple multiphase flowmeter, KTP project, 2007-2009.
- Modelling of blood circulation in the retinal vasculature, 03/2006 – 02/2009.
- Design and development of an abrasive water jet cutting system, KTP project with Circle Technology Services Limited, 2005 – 2007.
- FA Hamad, S. He, MK Khan, HH Bruun, Development of kerosene–water two‐phase up‐flow in a vertical pipe downstream of A 90° bend, The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, doi: 10.1002/cjce.21626, 2011.
- F. A. Hamad, S. He, Evaluation of hot-film, dual optical and Pitot tube probes for two-phase flow measurements by comparison with CFD simulation, Flow Measurement and Instrumentation, Vol. 21, pp302-311, 2010.
A world top-100 university
We're a world top-100 university renowned for the excellence, impact and distinctiveness of our research-led learning and teaching.