Santander Postgraduate Masters Scholarship 2018
We are very proud of our association with Santander and grateful for their continued support for University of Sheffield students through their Santander Universities network. Santander have contributed to helping over 30 students to date with financial assistance towards tuition fees.
There are 7 Santander Postgraduate Masters Scholarships available, each is worth £5,000 towards the Postgraduate Masters tuition fee.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
- You must have received an offer by 15 June 2018.
- You must have accepted your offer from the University of Sheffield by Friday 22 June 2018.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 22 June 2018.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 27 July 2018.
Eligibility and award Criteria
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following countries:
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time Postgraduate Masters programme studied in full at the University of Sheffield only before 15 June 2018.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- Your Masters programme must commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- You must have accepted your offer from the University of Sheffield before Friday 22 June 2018, if you have not accepted your offer by this date your scholarship application will not be considered.
- Distance learning courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for a merit scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for undergraduate scholarships.
- Anyone studying a Masters/integrated PhD programmes is eligible for a merit scholarship in the Masters element of the programme only.
- This scholarship is not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable, this includes, but is not exclusive to the following courses:
|DClinDent Orthodontics||MClinDent in Orthodontics|
|DClinDent Endodontics||MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry|
|DClinDent Periodontics||MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology|
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to amend or remove scholarship funding without prior notification.
- You must commence your Masters programme at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- The scholarship is for one year only.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with automatic awards** from the University of Sheffield, as you do not become fully sponsored for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any merit-based scholarships*** from the University.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor****, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- If you are selected for a Santander Postgraduate Masters Scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship you may be asked to pay your tuition fee deposit by a specific date, if you do not adhere to this date you may forfeit your scholarship.
- If you change your Masters programme during your studies your merit scholarship may be removed.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum of 1 full-time academic year. This does not include years in industry or year(s) abroad. For part-time students on Masters programmes that last longer than one year the scholarship the scholarship will be split pro-rata for a maximum of 2 years.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith. If a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve the predicted grades, but you are permitted to join the University, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
*Sponsored student is defined as an individual who in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University, before any scholarships, discounts or rewards are applied.
** Automatic scholarship is defined as an award that an individual may receive as a result of their circumstances including previous academic achievement or a combination of nationality/domicile and the course for which an offer has been received. Also, to be considered automatic the scholarship must not have a limited number of awards available.
*** A Merit scholarship is defined as any scholarship from the University of Sheffield where the winner is selected for a competitive award that has a limited number of awards available.
**** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.