NCUK Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Scholarships 2018
We are delighted to be able to offer an automatic scholarship to students progressing from an NCUK pathway to our undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses at the University of Sheffield.
Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria a scholarship will be worth the following:
- £2,000 if your tuition fees are between £16,800 and £18,900
- £2,500 if your tuition fees are £18,901 and upwards
Eligibility and Award Criteria:
- Your degree or foundation degree (undergraduate) or Taught Masters (postgraduate) must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2018.
- You must enter the University of Sheffield directly from an NCUK institution.
- The scholarship will be awarded automatically – no scholarship application is required in the first or any subsequent years.
- For undergraduates student subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the scholarship will be guaranteed in your first year of study. The award is applicable to each subsequent academic year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods.
- The scholarship will not be applied during any optional or compulsory study abroad periods or year in industry.
- If you are studying a 2-year Masters programme the scholarship will be available in the second year of your studies subject to successful completion of year 1.
- The scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship is for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for a scholarship.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with an automatic faculty/course (undergraduate) or country/domicile (postgraduate) based scholarship from the University of Sheffield. The NCUK scholarship will always take precedence over an aforementioned automatic award.
- The scholarship can be awarded in-conjunction with a University of Sheffield merit scholarship, tuition fee payment discount or Alumni/Sibling & Spouse reward, subject to the other eligibility and award criteria.
- This scholarship is not available to students on the BA Business Management Joint Programme with SBC (course code MGTUG36)
* A sponsored student is defined as being an individual in receipt of a total sum of funds from either the University or an external organisation** that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
Page updated: 29 November 2017