Advanced Control and Systems Engineering (with Industrial Management)
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
This option will not only teach you about the fundamental and advanced concepts of modelling, simulation, control, optimisation and systems engineering, but also provides you with a range of management techniques, including: project management, risk management, professional skills and effective management of innovative development.
- Foundations of Control System
- State-Space, Optimal Control and Nonlinear Systems
- Signal Processing and Estimation
- Embedded Systems and Rapid Control Prototyping
- Managing Engineering Projects and Risk
- Design Innovation Toolbox
- Professional Responsibilities of the Engineer
- Control Systems Project and Dissertation
Choose from a range of optional modules. These might include:
- Advanced Industrial Control
- Robotic and Autonomous Systems
- Intelligent and Vision Systems
- Multisensor and Decision Systems
- Nonlinear and Hybrid Systems
- Laboratory work
- Individual assignments
You will be assessed via:
- Coursework assignments
- Project dissertation
1 year full-time
Minimum 2:1 honours degree.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 5644
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.