Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
This course combines theory and practice, and you’ll develop skills in critical thinking, analysis and self-awareness. You’ll take part in workshops using real clinical scenarios. You’ll learn how to work across traditional boundaries and how to deal with the uncertainty that is inherent in an advanced neonatal nurse practitioner role.
- An In-Depth Review of Biosciences and Pathophysiology as Applied to the Neonate
- Neonatal Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Advanced Clinical Skills Acquisition
- Complex Neonatal Nursing
- Evidence Base for Practice
- Leadership, Autonomy, Advocacy, Accountability and Responsibility
You’ll develop a portfolio of learning including:
- Skills log
- Case study presentations
- Professional conversations and reflective workshops
- Objective structured clinical exam
- Formative and summative EMSQs (multiple choice-style questions under exam conditions)
- Report writing
2-5 years part-time
Minimum of a 2:2 in a relevant health care subject.
You must also have worked in a neonatal environment since achieving QIS status or equivalent.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 2070
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.