Advanced Paediatric Nurse Practitioner
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
This course equips paediatric nurses with the skills to become future leaders of paediatric nursing practice and to play a pioneering role in multi-disciplinary teams, making pivotal decisions about practice, leadership and management.
A dynamic combination of theory and practice will endow you with the knowledge and skills to develop critical thinking. A mastery of broader contemporary knowledge commensurate with your development as an APNP will prepare you to work effectively across traditional boundaries within the four pillars of advanced practice.
- Paediatric Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning with Applied Pathophysiology
- Work-based Learning in Specialist Practice
- Advanced Paediatric Nursing: Contemporary Clinical Practice
- Research Methods
- Evidence Based Practice
- Non-Medical Prescribing
You’ll learn through:
- Small group work
- Clinical instruction
You’ll be assesssed on:
- An observed structured clinical exam
- Short answer exam paper and MCQs (multiple choice questions)
- Independent learning pathway and bespoke skills log
- Health assessments skills inventory with extended health assessment
- Report writing
Part-time course, 1-5 years in duration
You will need to be a registered nurse working in a relevant area of practice and have a minimum 2:2 degree in an appropriate subject.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 2054
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.