Autonomous and Intelligent Systems
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
As the need and scope for robots in all aspects of society grows, so does the market for those trained in control and systems engineering, especially those with a background in autonomous and intelligent systems. Our new MSc covers all major aspects of control and systems engineering with an emphasis on system autonomy and intelligence.
- State-Space Control Design
- System Identification and Estimation
- Agent-based modelling and multi-agent systems
- Optimisation: Theory, algorithms and applications
- Data Modelling and Machine Intelligence
- Cybersecurity of Control Systems
- Intelligent and Vision Systems
- Control Systems Project and Dissertation
Choose from a range of optional modules. These might include:
- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Multisensor and Decision Systems
- Advanced Industrial Control
- Industrial training programme (ITP) in Advanced Manufacturing
- Individual assignments
- A major research project
You’re assessed via:
- Coursework assignments
- A project dissertation
1 year full-time
A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent). Alternatively, you might be an experienced professional, thinking about updating your knowledge of the subject.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 5644
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.