Creative and Cultural Industries Management
Faculty of Social Sciences
Sheffield may be one of the best places in the UK to take a course like this. The percentage of people working in the creative industries here is much higher than the national average. We have the best theatre scene outside London, the largest independent cinema, and galleries with links to the Tate and the VandA.
This course provides general training in management with the emphasis on understanding and managing creative enterprises and cultural organisations.
There are field trips and guest lecturers from the industries. You can also apply to base your dissertation on a project with a high profile arts organisation or event in the city.
Field trip costs
We recommend that you go on at least one of two organised field trips.
- The Management School will pay for travel and accommodation.
- You'll need to pay for food and drink. For each field trip, you'll need to provide a £50 deposit, which will be refunded after the trip.
Applying for this course
We use a staged admissions process to assess applications for this course. You'll still apply for this course in the usual way, using our Postgraduate Online Application Form.
- Introduction to the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Critical Theories and Concepts in the Creative and Cultural Industries
- Cultural Marketing
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Research Methods
- Case studies
- Group work for collaborative learning
- Web-based discussion groups
- Individual assignments
- Group projects
- End-of-semester examinations
1 year full-time
Minimum 2:1 or an approved professional qualification.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
+44 114 222 3376
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.