Environmental and Energy Engineering
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering
This practical degree has been developed with the Institution of Chemical Engineers and the Energy Institute to equip you with the skills and expertise needed for work in sectors including industry, education, public administration and commerce. You can tailor the course to suit you by blending core and optional modules.
Accredited by the Energy Institute and the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- Introduction to Fuel and Energy
- Applied Energy Engineering
- Environment: Gaseous Emissions
- Environment: Particulate Emissions
- Environment: Liquid Effluents
- Systems for Sustainability
- Research Project
Choose from a range of optional modules. These might include:
- Energy from Biomass and Waste
- Low Carbon Energy and Technology
- Nuclear Reactor Engineering
- Oil and Gas Origins and Utilisation
- Electrochemical Engineering
We use lectures, tutorials and project work. All your tutors are actively involved in research and consultancy in their field.
Assessment is by formal examinations, continuous assessment and a research project.
1 year full-time
A good honours degree in science, technology and engineering.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 7500
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.