International Health Management and Leadership
School of Health and Related Research,
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
This programme provides a high-quality qualification in management and leadership for health care professionals. In particular, the programme is suitable for:
- Mid-level public health officers seeking career progression or moving into leadership roles in government, NGO and multilateral organisations such as UNICEF, WHO, USAID, especially in low and middle income countries.
- Health practitioners taking up management roles in hospital or health departments.
- Managers of fast-growing health insurance and health maintenance organisations in low and middle income countries.
- Others from different disciplinary backgrounds switching career into health management and leadership.
Clinical commissioning groups will also benefit.
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Managing People in Organisations
- Systematic Approaches to Evidence Assessment
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Leading and Managing Health Services
- Strategic Management
- Foundations of Leadership and Teamwork
- Health Needs Assessment, Planning and Evaluation
- Marketing of Health Care Organisations
- Using Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
The course is taught entirely online. We usually place 2-3 weeks of material online at a time, to allow you to complete tasks at your own pace.
Assessment is by coursework and project work.
2-4 years part-time
2:1 honours degree or relevant professional qualification and experience.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 5454
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.