Public Health (Online)
School of Health and Related Research,
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
The course is suitable for students from all disciplinary backgrounds who want high quality education in public health. We focus on helping you develop research, evaluation and analytical skills relevant to understanding the social determinants of health in a rapidly changing environment.
This course is particularly suitable for those with work or other commitments that make full-time study difficult since it is taught entirely online and, in consultation with course staff, students can progress through the course at their own pace.
- Health Promotion
- Introduction to Statistics and Critical Appraisal
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Systematic Approaches to Evidence Assessment
- Key Issues in Global Public Health
- Leading and Managing Health Services
- Using Health Policy to Strengthen Health Systems
- Communicable Disease Control
- Further Statistics for Health Science Researchers
The course is taught entirely online. Teaching methods include video, podcasts and web lectures.
Assessment is by coursework and online exams.
2-4 years part-time
2:1 honours degree, or a medical degree or significant experience in public health.
English language requirements
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
You can apply for postgraduate study using our Postgraduate Online Application Form. It's a quick and easy process.
+44 114 222 5454
The course information set out here may change before you begin, particularly if you are applying significantly in advance of the start date.