ScHARR Information Governance Lead - Role description
ScHARR Information Governance Lead
Normal tenure in role
Process for selection/reselection
Nominated by the Dean following a School-wide internal advertisement for interested parties.
To be responsible for overseeing, directing and leading the School’s activities in relation to all aspects of research information governance.
- to chair the meetings of the School’s Information Governance Committee;
- to liaise with the Information Governance Manager in the day to day operational management and supervision of School information governance activities;
- to ensure that the School information governance policy is kept up to date, reflecting changes in the regulatory and legal landscape;
- to co-ordinate the activities of staff given data protection, confidentiality and Freedom of Information Act responsibilities;
- to monitor the information handling activities of research and research support staff to ensure their compliance with the law and the policies of the School;
- to monitor the progress in reaching the goals set in the School’s Information Governance Improvement plan;
- to ensure that suitable information governance training is made available to all ScHARR staff in order to support them in their role;
- to ensure that the Information Governance Committee prepare and submit their annual IG Toolkit application;
- to support monitoring visits from any appropriate regulatory or oversight bodies.
Reporting to the Dean and the ScHARR Executive Group.