ScHARR Section Information Governance Lead - Role description
Section Information Governance Lead (SIGL)
Normal tenure in role
Process for selection/reselection
A nomination will be put forward by the Information Governance Lead (IGL), in consultation with the Information Governance Manager (IGM), to the Dean for approval following an internal advertisement for interested parties.
To be responsible for representing the Information Governance Committee (IGC) within their Section and functioning as the conduit between the IGC and Section staff regarding research information governance issues.
- to act as a first point of contact for research staff in their Section with respect to IG queries or concerns;
- to represent the information governance concerns of their Section by attending meetings of the School Information Governance Committee (IGC);
- to assist the IGL and IGM in discharging the general responsibilities for managing IG matters within the School, including audits of compliance with the law and the policies of the School;
- to feedback to their Section on developments in School IG policy and practice;
- to monitor for and report on serious information governance incidents occurring in their Section;
- if required, to act as lead in managing any of the discrete IG responsibilities for which the IGC is tasked;
- to be the first point of contact for requests regarding inclusion on the ScHARR Toolkit “Organisations which this assessment covers” listing;
- to process requests for authority to undertake mobile computing;
- to monitor the status of, and alterations to, the information assets for which the Section has responsibility and report this to the IGM.
Reporting to the IGL and the IGM.