Innovation & Knowledge Transfer (IKT)
This area of CRG deals with IKT and consultancy. IKT allows us to utilise the impact of ScHARR’s research by applying our expert knowledge and skills in the real world of health and social care. Our support covers private industry, public and third sectors as well as other policy, decision-making and academic collaborations in health.
Find out more about ScHARR's IKT activities.
See below a list of CRG staff who cover IKT and their individual areas of responsibility:
|IKT Business Manager
- Manage the IKT Support Team, including the IKT Procurement Lead and Short Courses & Events Officer.
- Proactively seek commercial opportunities from the point of contract to successful award.
- Provide guidance on IKT application process from initial opportunity qualification, finance and contracting, to bid writing and project initiation and delivery.
- Manage unique commercial projects, of strategic importance to ScHARR, collaboratively with the Sheffield Healthcare Gateway wider Faculty of Medicine.
- Liaise with academic and administrative colleagues to plan, review and develop procedures, policies and documentation relating to IKT matter and educating staff across ScHARR to the benefits of commercial engagement and the processes associated with them.
- Liaise with ScHARR IKT reps, supporting the qualification of opportunities, bid writing, client engagement and project set up.
- Respond to the IKT needs of Global Industry partners and the UK Public sector, overseeing full and high quality, timely responses from staff
|Mon, Tues & Thurs:
9 – 5
|IKT Procurement Lead
- Public sector lead for ScHARR IKT at internal and external events, proactively seeking new business opportunities
- Reconcile and report on all income and expenditure
- Provide specialist IKT guidance to the marketing committee, reporting to the executive group
- Produce monthly and quarterly financial reports and projections to inform decision making at management level
- Oversee and manage the submission of proposals on behalf of all sections in ScHARR across four commercial revenue streams.
- Lead and develop the IKT internal and external communications and marketing strategy using creative design and coordinating key messages from sections, including use of regular social media
Monday - Friday: 08:15-17:00
|Short Courses and Events Officer
- Responsible for the day to day running of the ScHARR Short Course Unit: organising, running and developing all of ScHARR's Short Courses including co-ordinating bookings and payments.
Find out more about the Short Course Unit.
Monday and Friday: 8:30am - 1:30pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:30am - 4pm
Wednesdays: Non Working Day
Sheffield School Holidays:
Tuesdays and Thursdays Only 8:30am - 4pm