Clara Mukuria MA (Aberdeen), MSc, PhD (Sheffield)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 6395
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined ScHARR as a researcher in 2009. Prior to joining ScHARR, I undertook an undergraduate MA in Economics at the University of Aberdeen. This was followed by a 4 year MRC HSRC Studentship to undertake a Masters in Economics and Health Economics followed by a PhD at the University of Sheffield.
My research interests are:
- Development and testing of preference-based measures including health and well-being
- Mapping between condition-specific and generic preference-based measures of health
My teaching interests are:
- Measuring and valuing health
- Economic evaluation
I am interested in supervising research students in topics related to development of preference-based measures, well-being and application of economic evaluation methods in developing countries.
- Health Economics Study Group
- ScHARR Research Ethics Review Committee
I am currently working on an MRC and Euroqol group funded study developing a new preference-based measure that goes beyond the health QALY. I am also involved in an EEPRU study to derive weights for different aspects of health care delivery.
- Rowen D, Brazier J, Mukuria C, Keetharuth A, Risa Hole A, Tsuchiya A, Whyte S & Shackley P (2016) Eliciting Societal Preferences for Weighting QALYs for Burden of Illness and End of Life. Medical Decision Making, 36(2), 210-222.
- Young TA, Mukuria C, Rowen D, Brazier JE & Longworth L (2015) Mapping Functions in Health-Related Quality of Life: Mapping from Two Cancer-Specific Health-Related Quality-of-Life Instruments to EQ-5D-3L. Medical Decision Making, 35(7), 912-926. View this article in WRRO
- Acaster S, Pinder B, Mukuria C & Copans A (2015) Mapping the EQ-5D index from the cystic fibrosis questionnaire-revised using multiple modelling approaches. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 13(1), 33-33. View this article in WRRO
- Mulhern B, Mukuria C, Barkham M, Knapp M, Byford S, Soeteman D & Brazier J (2014) Using generic preference-based measures in mental health: psychometric validity of the EQ-5D and SF-6D.. Br J Psychiatry, 205(3), 236-243.
- Brazier J, Connell J, Papaioannou D, Mukuria C, Mulhern B, Peasgood T, Lloyd MJ, Paisley S, O’Cathain A, Barkham M , Knapp M et al (2014) A systematic review, psychometric analysis and qualitative assessment of Generic Preference-Based Measures of Health in Mental Health Populations and the estimation of mapping functions from widely used specific measures. Health Technology Assessment, 18(34).
- Longworth L, Yang Y, Young T, Mulhern B, Hernández Alava M, Mukuria C, Rowen D, Tosh J, Tsuchiya A, Evans P , Devianee Keetharuth A et al (2014) Use of generic and condition-specific measures of health-related quality of life in NICE decision-making: a systematic review, statistical modelling and survey.. Health Technol Assess, 18(9), 1-224. View this article in WRRO
- Mukuria C, Brazier J, Barkham M, Connell J, Hardy G, Hutten R, Saxon D, Dent-Brown K & Parry G (2013) Cost-effectiveness of an improving access to psychological therapies service.. Br J Psychiatry, 202(3), 220-227.
- Mukuria C & Brazier J (2012) Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data. Social Science and Medicine.
- Hutten R, Parry GD, Barkham , Brazier , Dent-Brown , Hardy , Rick J, Chambers , Connell , de Lusignan S , Mukuria et al (2011) An evaluation of a new service model: Improving Access to Psychological Therapies demonstration sites 2006-2009, Final Report. View this article in WRRO