Dr Kate Ren BSc (York), MPhil (Cantab), PhD (Sheffield)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court, 30 Regent Street
Sheffield, S1 4DA
Tel: (+44) (0)114 222 0696
Fax: (+44) (0)114 222 0749
I joined HEDS in 2011 after completing a PhD in Probability and Statistics specialising in Bayesian methods in clinical trial design at the University Of Sheffield. I specialise in the development and application of Bayesian method in health economics, and the elicitation of experts' beliefs.
- Bayesian statistics in clinical trials and health economics
- Network meta-analysis
- Extrapolate time-to-event data
- Eliciting probability distributions
- Value of information analysis
My teaching interests lie in medical statistics and evidence synthesis.
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS): behaviour modification interventions in primary care settings
- Infliximab, adalimumab and golimumab for treating moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis after the failure of conventional therapy: Clinical effectiveness systematic review and economic model
- Methods for the use of non-randomised studies in evidence synthesis
- Leaviss J, Sullivan W, Ren S, Everson-Hock E, Stevenson M, Stevens JW, Strong M & Cantrell A (2014) What is the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cytisine compared with varenicline for smoking cessation? A systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 18(33), 1-120.
- Ren S & Oakley JE (2014) Assurance calculations for planning clinical trials with time-to-event outcomes. Statistics in Medicine, 33(1), 31-45. View this article in WRRO
- Uttley L, Kearns B, Ren S & Stevenson M (2013) Aripiprazole for the treatment and prevention of acute manic and mixed episodes in bipolar I disorder in children and adolescents: a NICE single technology appraisal.. Pharmacoeconomics, 31(11), 981-990.
- Carroll C, Hummel S, Leaviss J, Ren S, Stevens JW, Everson-Hock E, Cantrell A, Stevenson M & Michaels J (2013) Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of minimally invasive techniques to manage varicose veins: a systematic review and economic evaluation.. Health Technol Assess, 17(48), i-141.