Our Vision and Mission Statement
We will provide research-led teaching and produce graduates in health and social care who are capable of working locally, national and internationally in a rapidly changing global environment. Our staff will be among the best available and will have the opportunity to develop personally, academically and professionally.
The School of Nursing and Midwifery advances world class research and education within health and social care, contributing to the wellbeing and success of the communities with whom it engages.
- We will provide education and training along a lifelong learning continuum to enable individuals to realise their full potential, using a flexible/blended mode of delivery to meet the needs of a wide range of health and social care professionals from the UK and overseas.
- We will continue to build collaborative research links locally, nationally and internationally by attracting the best researchers to shape and develop our research and teaching agenda.
- We will work with partners including Professional Statutory Bodies, Strategic Health Authorities, local NHS Trusts, and the independent and voluntary sectors, to pursue education and research activities that accord with the health and social care agenda.
- We will bring together individuals from within the health and social care sector, as well as from occupations outside these areas, who have common interests in the health and wellbeing of people in the community.
- We will continue to work in close partnership with staff and students to embed a positive attitude to continuing professional development by providing advice and guidance throughout all stages in their learning and development.
- We will pay particular attention to maintaining the high quality standards required by the Professional Statutory Bodies, the University, Commissioners and the Quality Assurance Agency.