Contact - getting in touch

Phone, email and letter logo

Accommodation and Commercial Services (ACS) is the department that looks after the University accommodation. Here are some of the teams who are here to help students before and during their stay.

Accommodation Office

Contact them about applying for University accommodation, room allocations, Residence Contracts and accommodation for future years.

Call: 0114 222 4488 (option 2)


Accident and Emergency (Adults)

0114 243 4343

Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield, S5 7AU

Accident and Emergency (Children)

0114 271 7000

Children’s Hospital, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TH

Customer Services


Customer Services are available to help current students with general enquiries such as keys, post, lost property or cycle storage.

Call: 0114 222 4488 (option 4)



The Edge reception, 34 Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield, S10 3ED

The Ridge reception, 4 Woodhead Way, Sheffield, S10 3AQ

Allen Court

Call: 0114 275 5036


Visit: 10 St.Georges Close, Sheffield, S3 7HB

St Vincent's

Call: 0117 302 7160


Visit: 30 Hollis Croft, Sheffield S1 4BA


This team look after the University’s food and drink venues and the GeniUS Card for catered and self-catering students.



Tweet: @GeniUSSheffield

Instagram: geniussheffield

IT Services

Contact IT Services for any issues with your internet service

IT Service Desk: 0114 22 21111



If you have a maintenance problem in your accommodation (exc. Allen Court), report it to this team, who will respond accordingly.

For all properties aside from Allen Court and St Vincent’s, the best way to get maintenance issues resolved is by filling in the ACS Maintenance Request Form.

Alternatively, and for all other Customer Service enquiries, you can call 0114 222 4488, or visit The Edge reception, 34 Endcliffe Crescent, Sheffield, S10 3ED. You can also send an email to

Call: 0114 222 4488 (option 1)


Visit: The Edge reception, The Ridge reception

If you live in Allen Court, faults and/or maintenance requests should be reported online using the StarRez Portal, you will receive an email prompting you to sign up to this. Alternatively, and for all other Customer Service enquiries, please call Allen Court reception between 8:00am - 7:00pm on 0114 275 5036, or visit in person. You can also send an email to

If you live in St Vincent’s, the easiest way to report that something is broken is via the MyUnite app - please see more information here on how to do this. Alternatively, and for all other Customer Service enquiries, please call St Vincent’s reception between 8:00am - 8:00pm on 0117 3027160, or visit in person. You can also send an email to

Minor Injuries

For treatment of sprains, cuts, grazes etc. between 8am - 8pm every day. 

0114 271 2071

B Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2JF

National Meningitis Helpline

Contact for information on disease or if you are concerned you or a member of your family has symptoms

080 8800 3344

NHS Walk-In Centre

No appointment is necessary. Everyday 8am-10pm

0114 241 2700

Rockingham House, Broad Lane, Sheffield S3 3PB

NHS 111 Service

Telephone or online service to get medical advice, available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.

Call: 111


Parking Services

For information about parking and parking permits.



Residence Life

This team organises activities, events, sport, academic/skills workshops and volunteering opportunities within University accommodation.



Phone: 0114 222 8800


Monitor the safety and security of the accommodation and University buildings 24/7.


0114 222 4444


Call: 0114 222 4085



For serious conduct or welfare concerns, including noise complaints, please contact the Security Control Room on 0114 222 4085 (excluding Allen Court and St Vincent’s) or 0114 222 4444 in the case of an emergency.

If you live in Allen Court, for concerns or queries about noise or general Security, call the front desk between 9:00am - 8:00pm on 0114 275 5036; or, between 8:00pm - 9:00am, call Security on 07506 765008 or 07956 039749.

If you live in St Vincent’s, for Security concerns, please call their Emergency Control Centre on 0300 303 1611. You can also use the MyUnite app to report a noise complaint - please see here for more details.

Smart Move Sheffield

Offer house-hunting advice, and maintain a list of registered private and University properties for staff and students to rent.

Call: 0114 222 6058



Visit: Students' Union building

Student Fees and Funding Team

If you have any money worries or queries about paying your rent, the Student Fees and Funding Team can help.

Call 0114 222 9754 (Monday to Friday 10am-1pm)



The Student Services Information Desk is your one-stop shop for information, help, support and guidance


Sport Sheffield 

Responsible for all aspects of sport and fitness within the University of Sheffield.

Call: 0114 222 6999


Visit: Goodwin Sports Centre, Northumberland Road, Sheffield, S10 2TY

Support and Conduct

Residence Life Mentors are experienced students who live in the same residences. They are ready to support you during your time in University accommodation. They can help with emotional issues, academic worries, disagreements among flatmates, or if you just need someone to talk to. If they can’t help or don’t know the answer, they’ll signpost you to someone who can.

Contact us

Phone: 0114 222 8800, 6pm - 10pm(ask for a Residence Life Mentor visit)

Phone: 0114 222 4085, after 12midnight (Security will pass concerns on to Residence Life)

Student Advice Centre

Call:0114 222 8660



285 Glossop Road

Sexual Health 

Free confidential advice for men and women about contraception, unplanned pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. 

0114 226 8888

Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2JF

Student Mental Health, Counselling and Therapies Service

Student Mental Health, Counselling and Therapies Service is the first point of contact for students to explore a range of mental health support needs in a single triage appointment. 

Call: 0114 222 4134

Website: Student Mental Health, Counselling and Therapies Service


31 Claremont Crescent, Sheffield, S10 2TA

University Health Service

Call: 0114 222 2100


53 Gell Street, Sheffield, S3 7QP

Three students sat on the grass, there is one of the student accommodation buildings in the background

Apply for accommodation

Accepted your offer? You can now start your application to live in University accommodation and begin your journey to join the largest student community in Sheffield.

A global reputation

Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.