Parking at student residences

Information about the types of permit needed for parking at student residences.


Permit system

Car parks at student residences are managed by the permit system. This ensures that car parks are only used by those who live on, work at and visit the site.

See how to apply for a parking permit

Staff can apply for a Category R permit and park at residences, walking the rest of their journey. In addition, there is public car parking at the Endcliffe Residences (Stanage).


You may need to adjust your cookie settings or visit the map page to view the map.

Permit types

There are two types of permit at student residences: Category R (Staff) and Category R (Student).

Find pricing information for staff and student permits


Students – are you insured? If you haven't informed your insurance company that you intend to bring your vehicle to University, you may not be insured. The change may also affect your insurance premiums.

We recommend that you make sure you have valid insurance cover before bringing your vehicle to Sheffield and applying for a permit.

A global reputation

Sheffield is a research university with a global reputation for excellence. We're a member of the Russell Group: one of the 24 leading UK universities for research and teaching.