Professor Daniel Coca
MEng, PhD, CEng, MIEE
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
Head of Department
Professor of Nonlinear and Complex Systems
+44 114 222 5619
Full contact details
Department of Automatic Control and Systems Engineering
Amy Johnson Building
- Research interests
My research work spans the broad area of nonlinear and complex dynamical systems. I am interested in developing novel mathematical, computational and analytical methods to analyse, model and control complex dynamical systems as well as apply the tools developed to complex systems in physics, engineering, life sciences and finance.
Complex systems modelling, identification and control:
Stem cell population dynamics; Crystal growth; Brain activity; Solar wind - magnetosphere interaction; Financial markets.
Bioimaging & biological data analysis:
Diffuse Optical Tomography; Protein Identification/Protein Mass Fingerprinting; Cell imaging data analysis.
Nonlinear Control Theory:
Controller design for nonlinear PDEs; Nonlinear predictive control.
FPGA hardware acceleration of protein identification algorithms; FPGA implementation of computationally intensive control & optimization algorithms.
- A computationally efficient symmetric diagonally dominant matrix projection-based Gaussian process approach. Signal Processing. View this article in WRRO
- Solving the inverse Frobenius-Perron problem using stationary densities of dynamical systems with input perturbations. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 90. View this article in WRRO
- A nonlinear land use regression approach for modelling NO2 concentrations in urban areas—Using data from low-cost sensors and diffusion tubes. Atmosphere, 11(7). View this article in WRRO
- Analysis of air pollution in urban areas with Airviro dispersion model—A case study in the city of Sheffield, United Kingdom. Atmosphere, 11(3). View this article in WRRO
- Learning with precise spike times : a new decoding algorithm for liquid state machines. Neural Computation, 31(9), 1825-1852. View this article in WRRO
- Projects as Interventions in Infrastructure Systems‐of‐Systems. INCOSE International Symposium, 29(1), 542-542.
- Communication Sparsity in Distributed Spiking Neural Network Simulations to Improve Scalability. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 13. View this article in WRRO
- Structuring an Integrated Air Quality Monitoring Network in Large Urban Areas – Discussing the Purpose, Criteria and Deployment Strategy. Atmospheric Environment: X, 2. View this article in WRRO
- Analysing the performance of low-cost air quality sensors, their drivers, relative benefits and calibration in cities—a case study in Sheffield. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 191. View this article in WRRO
- Corrigendum to “Ecological network analysis on intra-city metabolism of functional urban areas in England and Wales” [Resour. Conserv. Recycl. 138 (2018) 172–182]. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 145, 457-457.
- Code generation in computational neuroscience: a review of tools and techniques.. Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 12. View this article in WRRO
- Ecological network analysis on intra-city metabolism of functional urban areas in England and Wales. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 138, 172-182. View this article in WRRO
- Robust Recovery of Missing Data in Electricity Distribution Systems. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 10(4), 4057-4067. View this article in WRRO
- Identification and Single-Cell Functional Characterization of an Endodermally Biased Pluripotent Substate in Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Stem Cell Reports, 10(6), 1895-1907. View this article in WRRO
- Linear and Nonlinear Estimated GFR Slopes in ADPKD Patients Reaching ESRD.. Am J Kidney Dis. View this article in WRRO
- Identification of Stochastically Perturbed Autonomous Systems from Temporal Sequences of Probability Density Functions. Journal of Nonlinear Science. View this article in WRRO
- Identification of Linear and Nonlinear Sensory Processing Circuits from Spiking Neuron Data. Neural Computation, 30(3), 670-707. View this article in WRRO
- A matrix-based approach to solving the inverse Frobenius–Perron problem using sequences of density functions of stochastically perturbed dynamical systems. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 54, 248-266. View this article in WRRO
- 26th Annual Computational Neuroscience Meeting (CNS*2017): Part 3. BMC Neuroscience, 18(S1).
- 26th Annual Computational Neuroscience Meeting (CNS*2017): Part 2. BMC Neuroscience, 18(S1).
- Fly Photoreceptors Encode Phase Congruency. PLoS ONE, 11(6). View this article in WRRO
- Reproducibility of parameters of postocclusive reactive hyperemia measured by diffuse optical tomography.. J Biomed Opt, 21(6), 66012-66012. View this article in WRRO
- A Novel Reconstruction Framework for Time-Encoded Signals with Integrate-and-Fire Neurons. Neural Computation, 27(9), 1872-1898.
- Reconstruction of one-dimensional chaotic maps from sequences of probability density functions. Nonlinear Dynamics, 80(3), 1373-1390. View this article in WRRO
- An empirical model of Drosophila Photoreceptor-LMC network. BMC Neuroscience, 16(S1).
- Nonlinear system identification of receptive fields from spiking neuron data. BMC Neuroscience, 16(S1).
- Approximate observability of infinite dimensional bilinear systems using a Volterra series expansion. Systems & Control Letters, 75, 20-26. View this article in WRRO
- Time-Lapse Analysis of Human Embryonic Stem Cells Reveals Multiple Bottlenecks Restricting Colony Formation and Their Relief upon Culture Adaptation. Stem Cell Reports, 3(1), 142--155. View this article in WRRO
- Spatial frequency range analysis for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation. Nonlinear Dynamics.
- A spatial frequency domain analysis of the belousov-zhabotinsky reaction. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 24(3).
- Reduced-order modeling of light transport in tissue for real-time monitoring of brain hemodynamics using diffuse optical tomography.. J Biomed Opt, 19(2), 026008. View this article in WRRO
- Model term selection for spatio-temporal system identification using mutual information. International Journal of Systems Science, 44(2), 223-231. View this article in WRRO
- A novel recovery algorithm of time encoded signals. BMC Neuroscience, 14(S1).
- Volterra Series Approximation of a Class of Nonlinear Dynamical Systems Using the Adomian Decomposition Method. Nonlinear Dynamics, 1-13.
- A parametric frequency response method for non-linear time-varying systems. International Journal of Systems Science.
- The use of Volterra series in the analysis of the nonlinear Schrödinger equation. Nonlinear Dynamics, 1-13.
- A Volterra series representation for a class of nonlinear infinite dimensional systems with periodic boundary conditions. Systems and Control Letters, 62(2), 115-123.
- A Volterra series approach to the frequency domain analysis of non-linear viscous Burgers' equation. NONLINEAR DYNAMICS, 70(3), 1753-1765.
- Stochastic, adaptive sampling of information by microvilli in fly photoreceptors.. Curr Biol, 22(15), 1371-1380.
- Identification of radius-vector functions of interface evolution for star-shaped crystal growth. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems, 18(3), 261-272. View this article in WRRO
- Characterizing nonlinear spatio-temporal systems in the frequency domain. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 22(2).
- Identification of a Temperature Dependent FitzHugh-Nagumo model for the Belousov-Zhabotinskii Reaction. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 21(11), 3249-3258. View this article in WRRO
- SPATIO-TEMPORAL MODELING OF WAVE FORMATION IN AN EXCITABLE CHEMICAL MEDIUM BASED ON A REVISED FITZHUGH-NAGUMO MODEL. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 21(2), 505-512. View this article in WRRO
- View this article in WRRO Identification of geometrical models of interface evolution for dendritic crystal growth. Physics Letters, Section A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics.
- A simple scalar coupled map lattice model for excitable media. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 21(11), 3277-3292. View this article in WRRO
- Bayesian identification of stochastic linear systems with observations at multiple scales. International Journal of Systems Science, 42(8), 1363-1373.
- Identification of geometrical models of interface evolution for dendritic crystal growth. PHYS LETT A, 375(7), 1084-1091.
- Data based quest for solar wind-magnetosphere coupling function. GEOPHYS RES LETT, 37.
- Modelling molecular mechanisms in Drosophila photoreceptor. J NEUROGENET, 24, 7-8.
- A dynamic model of neurovascular coupling: implications for blood vessel dilation and constriction.. Neuroimage, 52(3), 1135-1147. View this article in WRRO
- Modeling the evolution of culture-adapted human embryonic stem cells.. Stem Cell Res, 4(1), 50-56.
- Identification of excitable media using a scalar coupled map lattice model. International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, 20(7), 2137-2150. View this article in WRRO
- Prepatterning in the stem cell compartment.. PLoS One, 5(5), e10901. View this article in WRRO
- Identification of partial differential equation models for a class of multiscale spatio-temporal dynamical systems. INT J CONTROL, 83(1), 40-48. View this article in WRRO
- A high-performance reconfigurable computing solution for Peptide mass fingerprinting.. Methods Mol Biol, 604, 163-185.
- Adaptive generalised predictive control applied to low-flow inhalational anaesthesia..
- Modified variational Bayes EM estimation of hidden Markov tree model of cell lineages.. Bioinformatics, 25(21), 2824-2830.
- IDENTIFICATION OF THE TRANSITION RULE IN A MODIFIED CELLULAR AUTOMATA MODEL: THE CASE OF DENDRITIC NH4Br CRYSTAL GROWTH. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 19(7), 2295-2305. View this article in WRRO
- Finite-dimensional controller design for semilinear parabolic systems. NONLINEAR ANAL-THEOR, 70(12), 4451-4475.
- Peptide Mass Fingerprinting Using Field-Programmable Gate Arrays. IEEE T BIOMED CIRC S, 3(3), 142-149. View this article in WRRO
- A PDE variational approach to image denoising and restoration. NONLINEAR ANAL-REAL, 10(3), 1351-1361.
- Model estimation of cerebral hemodynamics between blood flow and volume changes: a data-based modeling approach.. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng, 56(6), 1606-1616. View this article in WRRO
- Cellular automata modelling of dendritic crystal growth based on Moore and von Neumann neighbourhoods. International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control, 6(2), 119-125. View this article in WRRO
- Identification of multiscale spatio-temporal dynamical systems using a wavelet multiresolution analysis. INT J SYST SCI, 40(11), 1115-1126.
- Consistent recursive parameter estimation of partial differential equation models. INT J CONTROL, 82(10), 1946-1954.
- Optimisation on the least squares identification of dynamical systems with application to hemodynamic modelling.. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc, 2009, 3251-3254.
- View this article in WRRO IDENTIFICATION OF n-STATE SPATIO-TEMPORAL DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS USING A POLYNOMIAL MODEL. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 18(7), 2049-2057.
- High-performance hardware implementation of a parallel database search engine for real-time peptide mass fingerprinting.. Bioinformatics, 24(13), 1498-1502.
- Internal optimal controller synthesis for Navier-Stokes equations. NUMER FUNC ANAL OPT, 29(1-2), 225-242.
- Hardware acceleration of processing of mass spectrometric data for proteomics.. Bioinformatics, 23(6), 724-731.
- Data derived continuous time model for the Dst dynamics. GEOPHYS RES LETT, 33(4).
- Kinetic description of avalanching systems. PHYS REV E, 72(3).
- Stabilizing semilinear parabolic equations. NUMER FUNC ANAL OPT, 26(4-5), 449-480.
- Avalanches in bi-directional sandpile and burning models: a comparative study. NONLINEAR PROC GEOPH, 12(5), 733-739.
- Dynamics of the burning model. NONLINEAR PROC GEOPH, 12(5), 717-723.
- Analysis and reconstruction of stochastic coupled map lattice models. PHYS LETT A, 315(1-2), 61-75.
- Review of results and perspectives of nonlinear process identification from experimental data. Advances in Space Research, 32(3), 337-345.
- Identification of finite dimensional models of infinite dimensional dynamical systems. AUTOMATICA, 38(11), 1851-1865.
- Identification of coupled map lattice models of deterministic distributed parameter systems. INT J SYST SCI, 33(8), 623-634.
- IDENTIFICATION OF FINITE-DIMENSIONAL MODELS FOR DISTRIBUTED-PARAMETER SYSTEMS. IFAC Proceedings Volumes, 35(1), 301-306.
- Non-linear system identification using wavelet multiresolution models. INT J CONTROL, 74(18), 1718-1736.
- Time domain analysis of plasma turbulence observed upstream of a quasi-parallel shock. J GEOPHYS RES-SPACE, 106(A11), 25005-25021.
- Identification of coupled map lattice models of complex spatio-temporal patterns. PHYS LETT A, 287(1-2), 65-73.
- Nonlinear system identification and analysis of complex dynamical behavior in reflected light measurements of vasomotion. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 10(2), 461-476.
- Direct parameter identification of distributed parameter systems. INT J SYST SCI, 31(1), 11-17.
- A direct approach to identification of nonlinear differential models from discrete data. MECH SYST SIGNAL PR, 13(5), 739-755.
- Discrete wavelet models for identification and qualitative analysis of chaotic systems. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 9(7), 1263-1284.
- Non-linear analysis of vasomotion oscillations in reflected light measurements.. Adv Exp Med Biol, 454, 571-582.
- Continuous-time system identification for linear and nonlinear systems using wavelet decompositions. INT J BIFURCAT CHAOS, 7(1), 87-96.
- Stochastic Adaptive Sampling in Sensory Information Encoding. Frontiers in Physiology, 4.
- Understanding Spatial Variability of NO2 in Urban Areas Using Spatial Modelling and Data Fusion Approaches. Atmosphere, 12(2), 179-179.
- FPGA Co-processing solution for real-time protein identification using tandem mass spectrometry In Iniewski K (Ed.), Embedded Systems: Hardware, Design, and Implementation Wiley
- Parallel FPGA Search Engine for Protein Identification, Embedded Multi-Core Systems (pp. 313-335). CRC Press
- Parallel FPGA search engine for protein identification In Schmidt B (Ed.), Bioinformatics: High Performance Parallel Computer Architectures (pp. 313-336). Taylor and Francis
- System identification using wavelets In Unbehauen H (Ed.), Encyclopaedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS) Oxford, UK: EOLSS Publishers.
- Identification of NARMAX and related models In Unbehauen H (Ed.), Encyclopaedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS) Oxford, UK: EOLSS Publishers.
Conference proceedings papers
- HyperPRAW. Proceedings of the 48th International Conference on Parallel Processing View this article in WRRO
- Recovery of Missing Data in Correlated Smart Grid Datasets. 2019 IEEE Data Science Workshop (DSW), 2 June 2019 - 5 June 2019. View this article in WRRO
- Designing a Vehicle Mounted High Resolution Multi-Spectral 3D Scanner. Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Data Acquisition To Analysis - DATA'19, 10 November 2019 - 10 November 2019.
- Statistical texture-based mapping of cell differentiation under microfluidic flow. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), Vol. 10477 LNBI (pp 93-106) View this article in WRRO
- Information-theoretic active contour model for microscopy image segmentation using texture. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), Vol. 10477 LNBI (pp 12-26) View this article in WRRO
- Oil spill segmentation in fused Synthetic Aperture Radar images. 2016 4th International Conference on Control Engineering & Information Technology (CEIT), 16 December 2016 - 18 December 2016. View this article in WRRO
- Recovering missing data via matrix completion in electricity distribution systems. 2016 IEEE 17th International Workshop on Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications (SPAWC), 3 July 2016 - 6 July 2016. View this article in WRRO
- Implementation of linear filters in the spike domain. 2015 European Control Conference (ECC), 15 July 2015 - 17 July 2015.
- Control of spatio-temporal pattern formation governed by geometrical models of interface evolution. 2014 European Control Conference (ECC), 24 June 2014 - 27 June 2014.
- A New Approach to Solving the Inverse Frobenius-Perron Problem. 12th European Control Conference ECC 2013. Zurich, Switzerland
- We now know what fly photoreceptors compute. BMC Neuroscience, Vol. 14(S1)
- Reverse engineering gain adaptation in sensory systems. Proceedings of the 9th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, BioMed 2012 (pp 420-425)
- Internal nonlinear predictive control of semilinear parabolic equations. IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline), Vol. 44(1 PART 1) (pp 5525-5530)
- Real-time Diffuse Optical Tomography using reduced-order light propagation models. Proceedings of the 8th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Biomed 2011 (pp 378-385)
- Does Calcium diffusional feedback lead to slow light adaptation in Drosophila photoreceptors—a 3D biophysical modelling approach. Computational and System Neuroscience Conf
- REAL-TIME DIFFUSE OPTICAL TOMOGRAPHY USING REDUCED-ORDER LIGHT PROPAGATION MODELS. Biomedical Engineering
- FPGA implementation of database search engine for protein identification by peptide fragment fingerprinting. Proceedings of the 7th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, BioMED 2010, Vol. 1 (pp 16-20)
- A mathematical model of the neurovascular coupling suggesting both vasodilation and vasoconstriction. JOURNAL OF CEREBRAL BLOOD FLOW AND METABOLISM, Vol. 29 (pp S19-S20)
- An alternative region-based active contour model using Cauchy-Schwartz divergence. 14th International Congress on Computational and Applied Mathematics. Antalia, Turkey, 29 September 2009 - 2 October 2009.
- Three Dimensional Brain Imaging of Spatiotemporal Changes in Small Animals using Diffuse Optical Tomography. Supplementary Proceedings: PRIB 2009. Sheffield, UK, 7 September 2009 - 9 September 2009.
- View this article in WRRO Data Modelling for Analysis of Adaptive Changes in Fly Photoreceptors. NEURAL INFORMATION PROCESSING, PT 1, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 5863 (pp 34-48)
- View this article in WRRO Biophysical Modeling of a Drosophila Photoreceptor.. ICONIP (1), Vol. 5863 (pp 57-71)
- Optimisation on the least squares identification of dynamical systems with application to hemodynamic modelling. Proceedings of the 31st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society: Engineering the Future of Biomedicine, EMBC 2009 (pp 3251-3254)
- Nonlinear finite-dimensional model predictive control of the Burgers equation. Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Modelling, Identification, and Control, MIC (pp 78-83)
- Modelling Stem Cells Lineages with Markov Trees. PATTERN RECOGNITION IN BIOINFORMATICS, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 5780 (pp 233-243)
- FPGA supercomputing solution for Peptide Mass Fingerprinting. Proceedings of the 6th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, BioMED 2008 (pp 25-28)
- Nonlinear predictive control based on NARMAX models. OPTIM 2008: PROCEEDINGS OF THE 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OPTIMIZATION OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, VOL III (pp 3-10)
- Reconfigurable computing solution for Peptide Mass Fingerprinting. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 11TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON OPTIMIZATION OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT, VOL IV (pp 57-61)
- Internal controller design for semilinear parabolic systems. 2007 European Control Conference (ECC), 2 July 2007 - 5 July 2007.
- NARMAX-based nonlinear predictive control. Proceedings of the European Control Conference. Kos, Greece, 2 July 2007 - 5 July 2007.
- Modelling the Expression of Marker Antigen SSEA3 for Embryonal Carcinoma Cells. Proceedings of the Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering Conference. Stuttgart, Germany
- Burning avalanching model. European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2005. Vienna, Austria
- Finite-dimensional controller design for nonlinear evolution equations using inertial forms. IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline), Vol. 16 (pp 235-239)
- Adaptive control of low-flow anaesthesia using a mixture of anaesthetic gases. IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline), Vol. 38(1) (pp 84-88)
- An adaptive GPC approach to low-flow anaesthesia. IFAC Proceedings Volumes (IFAC-PapersOnline), Vol. 38(1) (pp 7-12)
- Finite element Galerkin models and identified finite element models - A comparative study.. 15th IFAC World Congress. Barcelona, Spain
- Identification of finite dimensional models for distributed parameter systems. 15th IFAC World Congress. Barcelona, Spain
- Comparison of the dynamical processes in plasma turbulence observed in the high- and low-beta regions of the terrestrial foreshock. SHEFFIELD SPACE PLASMA MEETING: MULTIPOINT MEASUREMENT VERSUS THEORY, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 492 (pp 69-72)
- Time and frequency domain determination of wave dispersion from Multi-satellite measurements. EOS, Vol. 81(19) (pp 376)
- Time-domain identification of nonlinear processes in space plasma turbulence using multi-point measurements.. CLUSTER-II WORKSHOP MULTISCALE/MULTIPOINT PLASMA MEASUREMENTS, PROCEEDINGS, Vol. 449 (pp 111-118)
- Identification of linear and non-linear processes in the magnetosheat turbulence. URSI Conference. Toronto, Canada
- Nonlinear processes in low frequency turbulence upstream of the quasiparallel part of the terrestrial bow shock: A NARMAX approach. MIST Conference. Ambleside, England
- On feedback control of chaos. 6th Int Conf on Optimisation of Electical and Electronic Equipment (pp 1-6). Brasnov, Romania, 14 May 1998 - 15 May 1998.
Centre for Digital Built Britain, 'Analysing Systems Interdependencies using a Digital Twin', 01/04/2019, £48,864 (24,432 apportioned)
EPSRC, 'CORONA', 09/07/2018, £208,411 (£62,523 apportioned)
EPSRC, 'UKRIC - Urban Flows Observatories', 18/01/2018, £2.1M (£634,076 apportioned)
BBSRC, 'Digital Fly Brain', 21/05/2015, £530,873 (£504,329 apportioned)
BBSRC, D. Coca, M. Juusola, S.A. Billings, `Reverse Engineering Drosophila´s Retinal Networks´, 15.08.10 to 14.08.13, £648,008
EPSRC, S.A. Billings, D. Coca, `Spatio-temporal systems estimation modelling and analysis´, 04.01.10 to 03.01.14, £566,226
EPSRC, S.A. Billings, M. Balikhin, D. Coca, V.Kadirkamanathan, Z.Lang, H. Wei, `System Identification and Information Processing for Complex Systems´, 02.01.10 to 01.01.15, £1,442,972
MRC Fellowship, D. Coca, `Stem Cell Dynamics: Exploration of the Stem Cell Attractor Landscape´, 1.10.09-30.09.10, £109,000
BBSRC, D Coca and R Beynon, `FPGA Supercomputing Technology for High-throughput Identification and Quantification in Proteomics´, 15.03.08 to 14.03.11, £515,001
BBSRC, D Coca, R Beynon, 'Hardware Accelerated Data Processing Pipeline For Proteomics', 15.03.08 to 14.03.09, £98,559
The University of Sheffield, D. Coca, R. Beynon, S. Smith, V. Hughues. Proof Of Concept Fund Award, `Hardware acceleration of data processing in proteomics´, 01.11.07 to 01.05.08, £10,000
EPSRC, Q Zhong, A Zolotas, D Coca, K Li and S Evangelou. `New-ACE: A Network for New Academics in Control Engineering´, 01.10.07 to 30.09.10, £87,800
EPSRC, S A Billings, D Coca, `System Identification and Model validation for Spatio-Temporal Dynamical Systems´, 01.08.06 to 31.07.09, £292,797
EPSRC, S A Billings, Y Zheng, J Martingdale, D Coca and J E W Mayhew, `System Identification and Signal Processing for Neuro-Imaging data Analysis´, 02.01.06 to 01.01.09, £264,277
EPSRC Platform Grant, S A Billings, V Kadirkamanathan, Z Q Lang, D Coca, M Balikhin, `System Identification and Signal Processing for Complex Systems´, 03.01.05 to 02.01.10, £422,571
EPSRC, D Coca, ` Adaptive Control of Infinite Dimensional Systems using Reconfigurable Computers´, 15.11.04 to 14.11.07, £132,014
BBSRC, R. Beynon and D Coca, ` Application of Field Programmable Gate Arrays to Eliminate Bottlenecks in Near-instrument Proteomics´, 15.11.04 to 14.11.07, £230,130
Royal Society, D. Coca and V. Barbu, `Optimal Control and Stabilization of Parabolic-like Equations´, 01.11.04 to 15.11.04, £1,400