If you don't get the results you're hoping for on results day don't worry! Clearing could give you your second chance!
1. Ask for advice - talk to an adviser at your school, college, centre or careers office, they can talk you through alternative options.
2. See what courses are available
UCAS have an official vacancy list as well as The Telegraph newspaper
Consider different subjects – you don’t have to stick to your original idea.
The online list is updated regularly so keep checking.
3. Talk to any Unis or Colleges you’re interested in
Give them you’re clearing number (you will be provided with this on track if you are eligible)
Ask if they’d accept you
Get informal offers over the phone – maybe from a variety of universities and colleges – then decide which to accept.
Take a look around – if you have the time, it’s the best way to see what a university/college is like- most will be happy to meet you and show you round.
4. Add a clearing choice in Track
Only do this once you’ve spoken to the university and they’ve confirmed they're happy to offer you a place.
Click ‘Add clearing choice’ and fill in the course details.
This counts as you definitely accepting the offer so if they confirm it’ll show as an acceptance on the choices page of track and we’ll send a confirmation later.
Tips to help prepare for clearing
- Do some research into other universities and courses you might be interested in before results day to make searching for a new course easier.
- Make sure you've got all important information and documents with you when you make clearing calls.
For more information about clearing click here
From results day on Thursday 18th August we will have a helpline available for all applicants. As well as this we will have a 'hub' based in Edgar Allen House with SRA and Corporate Communications staff working together with student ambassadors to respond to questions on the phones, social media and relevant forums.
We also have a clearing open day on Saturday 20th August 2016.
To find more information about Clearing @ The Univeristy of Sheffield click here and make sure you keep an eye out for our clearing success stories which we will be posting soon!