Want to become an engineering leader?
The Engineering Leaders Scholarships (ELS) programme aims to provide support for undergraduates in UK Higher Education Institutions (HEI) who have the potential to become leaders in engineering and who are able to act as role models for future engineers.
These scholarships help ambitious and inspiring undergraduates in engineering and related disciplines, who want to become leadership role models for the next generation of engineers, to undertake an accelerated personal development programme. Recipients will get the opportunity to acquire the skills needed to fulfil their potential, helping them to move into engineering leadership positions in UK industry soon after graduation.
All Scholars receive £5,000 to be used over three years towards career personal development activities.
To be eligible for an Engineering Leaders Scholarship, students;
- Must be completing an undergraduate degree at a UK Higher Education Institution - this includes degree apprenticeships
- Will have completed at least one year (full-time equivalent) or their degree, and have at least two years full-time equivalent (including the current year) left until graduation
- Will usually be resident in the UK and eligible to pay UK home fees (you may be asked to provide evidence)
There is an additional Sir Ralph Robins Scholarship that students applying for the Engineering Leaders Scholarship can apply for if they also meet the following criteria:
- have attended a non-fee paying secondary school AND meet one of the following three criteria:
- Have been eligible for free school meals OR
- Be in the first generation from your immediate family to attend university OR
- Have at some stage been in local authority care
Deadline for applications is 4pm on Monday 11th January 2021.
Our department offers financial assistance in the form of scholarships and bursaries, in addition to the scholarships offered by the University of Sheffield.
Find the right course for you.