Useful information for your visit to Sheffield.
In case of emergency in the UK dial 999. This is for police, fire, and ambulance emergencies only.
For non-emergencies dial +44 (0)114 220 2020 for the police, or 0845 4647 for the NHS (National Health Services) Direct Hotline. More emergency numbers can be found here.
The nearest hospitals are located close to the University (map).
- Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF +44 114 271 1900
- Northern General Hospital, Herries Road, Sheffield, S5 7AU. +44 114 243 434
- Jessop Wing, Tre Root Walk, Sheffield, S10 2. +44 114 271 1900
- Weston Park Hospital, Whitham Road, Sheffield, S10 2SJ. +44 114 226 5000
- Charles Clifford Dental Hospital, 76 Wellesley Road, Sheffield S10 2Sz. +44 114 271 7800
The voltage in the UK is generally 230V, and the electrical sockets in the UK & Ireland are different from the rest of Europe. Please see this website for more pictures and more information. If you are coming from outside the UK or Ireland, you most likely will require an adaptor.
Sheffield has many cash points (ATMs) around the city centre, as well as in the train station. Most ATMs will not charge you to withdraw Pounds Sterling from UK banks; however, there may be a charge for international transactions.
International Granulation Workshops
The Granulation Conference showcases the latest in agglomeration, granulation and particle technology.
We welcome your abstracts for oral or poster presentations, or any enquiries that you may have.