Fees and funding
Everything you need to know about the Postgraduate Diploma in Education tuition fees is published on the main University of Sheffield website.
The PGDE is a postgraduate course that has undergraduate fee status.
Bursaries and scholarships
Information about bursaries and scholarships are available on the Get into Teaching webpages. Scholarships are available for chemistry, mathematics and physics.
There are some additional items which are not included in the course fee. Some general examples are listed below:
- Travel for site visits
- DBS update service registration for professional programmes
- Additional travel costs
- Any resubmission or extension fees
- Accommodation and living costs
- Optional books or texts – personal copies will not be included in the tuition fee
- Optional field trips - where students have the option to go to alternative destinations, they may have to contribute part of the cost
- Electrical equipment e.g. laptops, digital cameras and calculators
- Resitting exams including professional accreditation exams
- Travel, accommodation and living costs for employment experience and field trips
- General printing and photocopying, including for dissertations and coursework
- Other charges for the Sheffield Graduate Award, replacement Ucards/ transcripts/ degree certificates, late registration
The geography field trip incurs costs for accommodation and travel and subsistence during the trip.
As this course leads to a professional qualification, student teachers will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure and Work Health Assessment and complete Safeguarding training. The anticipated cost for these for 2021 entry is £67*. Student teachers who have already paid for a previous DBS Enhanced Disclosure and signed up to the DBS update service (Enhanced level - Children's barred list) may pay a reduced fee (anticipated cost £27*).
*Please note that as we use external companies to undertake training and checks these fees may be subject to change. Also, should you decide to withdraw your application or you do not meet the conditions of your UCAS offer, we are unable to offer a refund.
Postgraduate taught scholarships
Explore scholarships for postgraduate taught courses starting in 2021, including:
- 100+ scholarships worth £10,000 each for home fee paying students
- 150 scholarships worth 25 per cent of the tuition fee for international students