Fees and funding
Everything you need to know about the Postgraduate Diploma in Education tuition fees is published on the main University of Sheffield website.
The PGDE is a postgraduate course that has undergraduate fee status.
Bursaries and scholarships
Information about bursaries and scholarships are available on the Get into Teaching webpages. There are a range of scholarships available for different subjects, including geography, chemistry, languages, mathematics and physics.
There are some additional items which are not included in the course fee. Some general examples are listed below:
- Travel for site visits
- DBS update service registration for professional programmes
- Additional travel costs
- Any resubmission or extension fees
- Accommodation and living costs
- Optional books or texts – personal copies will not be included in the tuition fee
- Optional field trips - where students have the option to go to alternative destinations, they may have to contribute part of the cost
- Electrical equipment e.g. laptops, digital cameras and calculators
- Resitting exams including professional accreditation exams
- Travel, accommodation and living costs for employment experience and field trips
- General printing and photocopying, including for dissertations and coursework
- Other charges for the Sheffield Graduate Award, replacement Ucards/ transcripts/ degree certificates, late registration
The geography field trip incurs costs for accommodation and travel and subsistence during the trip.
Additional costs to cover non-UK criminal clearance checks may be levied where necessary and will be payable by you.
Explore all postgraduate courses
A masters from Sheffield means in-depth knowledge, advanced skills and the confidence to achieve your ambitions.