Undergraduate tuition fees 2022
Due to start your undergraduate studies in 2022? Here's everything you need to know about your fees and costs.
Information relating to 2021 entry can be found on our Undergraduate Tuition Fees 2021 webpage.
- The standard undergraduate tuition fee for home fee paying students starting their course in 2021 is £9,250, we haven't confirmed our fees for 2022 but hope to do so soon.
- The latest fee information is available on the University website.
- Loans are available from the government to cover tuition fees and living costs for eligible home fee paying students.
- Students eligible to receive a loan don't have to pay anything upfront and don't start repaying their loan until you're earning over the repayment threshold.
- In some circumstances you might pay a reduced fee (for example if you spend a year abroad).
In common with other UK universities, the University of Sheffield charges different tuition fees depending on whether students are classed as Home or Overseas for fee purposes.
If you are an overseas student or are unsure whether you are classed as one, you will need to find out about your fee status.
Home fee paying students may be able to get a loan from the government to cover the full cost of your tuition fees for each year of your course. You can also apply for a maintenance loan to contribute to your living costs:
If you choose to study abroad, spend a year in employment or a year in industry your fee may be reduced.
Check how much your fee will be – use this 2021 information as a guide:
If you are paying your own tuition fees, please find out more in the Payment plans: Self-funded students section of these pages:
There are other sources of funding available to help you cover your living costs:
Find a home for your ambition. A Russell Group University. Discover what's possible at our next undergraduate open day.