Below are the references for journal articles and conference papers authored by Dr Jon Willmott.
- For free access to the abstract/article click on the 'View this article in WRRO' hyperlink, where available. This will redirect you to the White Rose Research Online (WRRO) website.
- Alternatively, click on the hyperlinked title to read the abstract/article. Please note that access to these may require a paid subscription.
- Boone NA, Zhu C, Smith C, Todd I & Willmott J (2018) Thermal near infrared monitoring system for electron beam melting with emissivity tracking. Additive Manufacturing, 22, 601-605. View this article in WRRO
- Stanger LR, Willmott J, McGonigle A, Wilkes T & Boone N (2018) Thermal Imaging Metrology with a Smartphone Sensor. Sensors, 18(7), 2169-2169.
- Wilkes TC, Stanger LR, Willmott JR, Pering TD, McGonigle AJS & England RA (2018) The development of a low-cost, near infrared, high-temperature thermal imaging system and its application to the retrieval of accurate lava lake temperatures at Masaya volcano, Nicaragua. Remote Sensing, 10(3). View this article in WRRO
- Hobbs M, Grainger MP, Zhu C, Tan CH & Willmott J (2018) Quantitative thermal imaging using single-pixel Si APD and MEMS mirror. Optics Express, 26(3), 3188-3198. View this article in WRRO
- Hobbs MJ, Grainger MP, Zhu C, Tan C-H & Willmott JR (2018) Quantitative thermal imaging using single-pixel Si APD and MEMS mirror. Optics Express, 26(3), 3188-3198. View this article in WRRO
- McGonigle AJS, Wilkes TC, Pering TD, Willmott JR, Cook JM, Mims FM & Parisi AV (2018) Smartphone Spectrometers. Sensors (Switzerland), 18(1), 223-223. View this article in WRRO
- Wilkes TC, McGonigle AJS, Willmott JR, Pering TD & Cook JM (2017) Low-cost 3D printed 1 nm resolution smartphone sensor-based spectrometer: instrument design and application in ultraviolet spectroscopy. Optics Letters, 42(21), 4323-4326. View this article in WRRO
- McGonigle AJS, Pering TD, Wilkes TC, Tamburello G, D’Aleo R, Bitetto M, Aiuppa A & Willmott JR (2017) Ultraviolet Imaging of Volcanic Plumes: A New Paradigm in Volcanology. Geosciences, 7(3), 68-68. View this article in WRRO
- Zavala-Arredondo M, Boone N, Willmott J, Childs DTD, Ivanov P, Groom KM & Mumtaz K (2017) Laser diode area melting for high speed additive manufacturing of metallic components. Materials and Design, 117, 305-315. View this article in WRRO
- Wilkes T, Pering T, McGonigle A, Tamburello G & Willmott J (2017) A Low-Cost Smartphone Sensor-Based UV Camera for Volcanic SO2 Emission Measurements. Remote Sensing, 9(1). View this article in WRRO
- Wilkes TC, McGonigle AJS, Pering TD, Taggart AJ, White BS, Bryant RG & Willmott JR (2016) Ultraviolet Imaging with Low Cost Smartphone Sensors: Development and Application of a Raspberry Pi-Based UV Camera. Sensors, 16(10). View this article in WRRO
- Childs C, Siraj MR, Fair FJ, Selvan AN, Soltani H, Wilmott J & Farrell T (2016) Thermal territories of the abdomen after caesarean section birth: Infrared thermography and analysis. Journal of Wound Care, 25(9), 499-512. View this article in WRRO
- Willmott JR, Lowe D, Broughton M, White BS & Machin G (2016) Potential for improved radiation thermometry measurement uncertainty through implementing a primary scale in an industrial laboratory. Measurement Science and Technology, 27(9), 094002-094002. View this article in WRRO
- Lowe D, Broughton M, Machin G & Willmott JR (2015) Comparison of extrapolated and interpolated temperature scales from 1000°C to 2500°C between a national measurement institute and an ISO17025 accredited calibration laboratory. Measurement, 76, 129-135.
- Zhou X, Meng X, Krysa AB, Willmott JR, Ng JS & Tan CH (2015) InAs Photodiodes for 3.43 μm Radiation Thermometry. IEEE Sensors Journal, 15(10), 5555-5560. View this article in WRRO
- Hobbs MJ, Tan CH, Zhou X, David JPR, Willmott JR, Plis E & Krishna S (2015) InAs/GaSb Type-II Superlattice for Radiation Thermometry. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, 64(2), 502-508.
- Xinxin Zhou , Hobbs MJ, White BS, David JPR, Willmott JR & Chee Hing Tan (2014) An InGaAlAs–InGaAs Two-Color Photodetector for Ratio Thermometry. IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 61(3), 838-843. View this article in WRRO
- Hobbs MJ, Tan CH & Willmott JR (2013) Evaluation of phase sensitive detection method and Si avalanche photodiode for radiation thermometry. Journal of Instrumentation, 8(03), P03016-P03016.
- Willmott JR, Davenport CJ, Newton J & Coles HJ (2005) Physical Properties of Siloxane Containing Oxycyanobiphenyl Derivatives for Smectic-A Device Applications. Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 434(1), 209/-217/.
- Willmott JR, Pivnenko MN, Blatch AE & Coles HJ (2004) Birefringence of monomesogen and bimesogen liquid crystals. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, 5289, 8-15.
- Coles HJ, Musgrave B, Coles MJ & Willmott J (2001) The effect of the molecular structure on flexoelectric coupling in the chiral nematic phase. Journal of Materials Chemistry, 11(11), 2709-2716.
Conference proceedings papers
- Willmott JR, Lowe D, Broughton M, White BS & MacHin G (2015) Improved radiation thermometry measurement uncertainty through implementing a primary scale in an industrial laboratory. 17th International Congress of Metrology, CIM 2015
- Turner SF, Metcalfe SF, Mellor A, Willmott J & Drögmöller P (2012) Accurate thermal imaging of low-emissivity surfaces using approximate blackbody cavities. Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, Vol. 8354